Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- A-Z index
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Types of writing system
- Direction index
Scripts invented for by visitors to Ommniglot, and for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Learn the basics of over 200 languages.
- How to learn languages
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Information about languages, language-related articles and videos.
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New numbers page: Chiwere
- New language: Romániço
- New constructed script: Elmas
- New article: 10 languages that are easiest for native English speakers to learn
- New numbers page: Low German
- New constructed script: Su'6 Tang6n Jang
- New language: Limburgish
- New language: Mòcheno
- New numbers page: Ligurian
- New language: Ligurian
- New article: How Language Learning Helps You Become A Broad-Minded Person
- Improved page: Bashkir
- New phrases page: Bashkir
- New article: The Most Valuable Languages for an MBA to Learn
- More news