Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- A-Z index
- Types of writing system
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Direction index
Learn the basics of many languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- How to learn languages
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Scripts invented for by visitors to Ommniglot, and for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Information about languages, language-related articles and videos.
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New article: Learning a Foreign Language: Are You Making These 8 Mistakes?
- New article: How Technology Changes the Meaning of Familiar Words
- New article: Lunfardo (Lunfa): Slang in Buenos Aires
- New language: Halkomelem
- New language: Chinook
- New constructed script: Triroglyphs
- New article: Language Immersion that Should Work for You
- New recordings: Estonian phrases
- New constructed script: Nortish
- New language: Luseño
- New phrase: I am the king of the chickens
- New language: Lushootseed
- New constructed script: LLL for Korean
- New article: Vocabulary Volume: How to Find Your Perfect Word Count for the Day
- More news