Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- Abjads | Alphabets
- Abugidas | Syllabaries
- Semanto-phonetic writing systems
- Alternative scripts | Undeciphered scripts
- A-Z index | Direction index
Learn the basics of many languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- How to learn languages
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Scripts invented for by visitors to Ommniglot, and for books, films, games and so on.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Information about languages, articles and videos.
- Language profiles
- Language families
- Language-related articles
- How to submit an article
- Language learning videos
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New numbers page: Hinukh
- New weather page: Kadazandusun
- New constructed script: Kibat
- New article: 6 Funniest Idioms You Never Knew Exist In The English Language
- New language: Serer
- New adapted script: Welsh Arabic
- New phrases page: Dari
- New article: Traveling To Countries Where You Don't Know the Language
- New languages: Dengebu and Tocho
- New languages: Acheron and Lumun
- New adapted script: Polish Cyrillic
- New language: Adamaua Fulfulde
- New language: Griko
- New article: Which is the easiest language to learn?
- New idioms page: Welsh
- More news