Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Types of writing system
- A-Z index
- Direction index
Learn the basics of many languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- How to learn languages
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Scripts invented for by visitors to Ommniglot, and for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Information about languages, language-related articles and videos.
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New constructed script: Hynna
- New adapted script: Inglith
- New constructed script: Escritura Ondeada
- New adapted script: Portugárabe
- New Tower of Babel translation: Gheg Albanian
- New Tower of Babel translation: Maldivian
- New article: 5 Types of Awkward Wording to Avoid
- New article: 5 Cleverly Wicked Ways to Make Learning a Foreign Language Entertaining
- New language: Khasi
- New phrases page: Do you come here often?
- New language: Yao
- New language: Monégasque
- New language: Ticuna
- New language: Kituba
- New article: How to Start Thinking in a Language You Are Mastering
- More news