Details of most of the world's alphabets and other writing systems.
- A-Z index
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Types of writing system
- Direction index
Scripts constructed by visitors to Omniglot, and scripts invented for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural and constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Learn the basics of over 200 languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Details of languages, how to learn languages, and language-related articles and videos.
- Language profiles
- Language families
- How to learn languages
- Language-related articles
- Language learning videos
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New language: Lahu
- New numbers page: Galician
- New article: Cases in Italian, German, English
- New constructed script: Chillkadunguwe
- New article: How Writing Skills Can Help You Master a New Language
- New constructed script: Jhanim
- New language: Babine-Witsuwit'en
- New constructed script: Kop'ell
- New article: 9 reasons why Japanese is easier than you think
- New numbers page: Bavarian
- New language: Arbëresh
- New language: Beaver
- New language: Comox
- New language: Gaulish
- New article: How Interpreters Make the World Go Round
- More news