Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- Abjads | Alphabets
- Abugidas | Syllabaries
- Semanto-phonetic writing systems
- Alternative scripts | Undeciphered scripts
- A-Z index | Direction index
Learn the basics of many languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- How to learn languages
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Scripts invented to write natural and constructed languages for use in films, books, games, etc, or just for fun.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Information about languages, articles and videos.
- Language profiles
- Language families
- Language-related articles
- How to submit an article
- Language learning videos
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New language: Norfuk
- New article: 7 Online tools that can help newbie Translators
- New adapted script: Grespanic
- New numbers page: Haida
- New article: Reviving The Lost Language of Haida Through Film
- New article: Does Language Play a Significant Role in Nursing?
- New article: How to Survive Studying Abroad
- New article: The Silbo Gomero Language
- New adapted script: Ossetian Arabic
- New article: 5 Secrets to Foreign Language Fluency
- New article: The Hemingway App and Writing Clear Online Content
- New article: How to write well in a language you're learning
- New language: Chang
- More news