Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- A-Z index
- Types of writing system
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Direction index
Learn the basics of many languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- How to learn languages
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Scripts invented for by visitors to Ommniglot, and for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Information about languages, language-related articles and videos.
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New language and script: Kerinci
- New constructed script: Thieves' Ogham
- New numbers page: Zulu
- New numbers page: Xhosa
- New article: Raising A Child in a Multi-Culture Home
- New article: Unlocking The World's Oldest Language Mysteries
- New constructed script: Todocisian
- New numbers page: Novial
- New numbers page: Ido
- New numbers page: Interlingue / Occidental
- New numbers page: Crow
- New adapted script: Polskizcyrylicą
- New numbers page: Svan
- New numbers page: Mingrelian
- New article: A Few Portuguese Idioms
- More news