by Hildur Jonsottir
- a good introduction to Icelandic language. Includes everyday, realistic dialogues; plenty of vocabulary; a mini-dictionary; and excersises designed to encourage you to use the language. No previous knowledge is required.
Daisy L. Neijmann
- an introduction to spoken and written Icelandic. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information. Cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises are also available.
- Glossika's audiovisual method helps you master comprehension and achieve fluency. Great on its own, or the perfect companion to your ongoing studies.
Buy from: Glossika.com
by Arnold R. Taylor (Editor)
- a small, bilingual dictionary that covers about 5,000 words.
by Richard Cleasby, Gudbrand Vigfussen and Sir William Craigie
- a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of Old Icelandic first published in 1874. Contains thousands of illustrative quotations, full descriptions of pronunciation for every letter, and a detailed outline of grammar that includes the old Icelandic alphabet, word formation, and spelling. The 52-page supplement contains a list of additional words and references from the eleventh century to the mid-fourteenth century.
by Stefán Einarsson
- the best Icelandic grammar book around. Comprehensive and well-written.
- a modern reference book which presents the grammatical system of Icelanidc in a compact and consistent form, so that readers should be able to find the information they need quickly. The grammar is intended to be concise but as complete as is practical.
Buy from: https://www.hvalur.com/grammar
by Heather O'Donoghue
- a fascinating introduction into the colourful world of Old Norse-Icelandic literature. In addition to mythology and family sagas, it also covers lesser-known areas such as oral story-telling, Eddaic verse and skaldic verse. This book describes the language and culture of the first settlers in Iceland which helps appreciate the background against which this literature was produced.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.