by Margaretha Danbolt Simons
- a very good introduction to spoken and written Norwegian. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises. This is a good book for beginners.
by Kari Bratveit, W. Glyn Jones and Kirsten Gade
- a good introduction to the Norwegian language. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises. This course works best for those with a basic knowledge of Norwegian.
by Werner Skalla
- "The Mystery of Nils" is a coherent story, which starts very simply, but develops into a fascinating novel. Can't stop reading? Well then, you will have to learn Norwegian! We have carefully selected the most frequently used words in the Norwegian language and made sure that the story is primarily made up of them. Separate texts and exercises focus on conversational topics that will prepare you for living in Norway. Grammar is a headache? Not with "The Mystery of Nils". Uncover the structure of the Norwegian language with pictures, casual yet comprehensive explanations, and a lot of easy to remember examples.
by Einar Ingvald Haugen
- a excellent Norwegian-English dictionary that indicates stress marks for each entry, notations for irregular noun and verb inflections, examples of usage from everyday speech and literary works, and also contains Nynorsk as well as Bokmål entries.
by Louis Janus
- a good reference book for Norwegian grammar and verbs suitable for beginners or those needing to brush up their Norwegian.
by Åse-Berit Strandskogen, Rolf Strandskogen and Barbara White
- a clear, well-organised introduction to Norwegian grammar. Includes many practical examples of usage. Essential for any serious students of Norwegian.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.