A collection of Russian language courses, grammars, dictionaries and other language learning materials.
by Daphne West
- a good, clear introduction to spoken and written Russian. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two CDs with recordings of most of the dialogues and some of the exercises. This is a good book for beginners.
by Judith Meyer
- Using a unique, tried and tested algorithm, this book teaches you how to quickly and efficiently recognize letters and common words in Russian script. Whether you're traveling and want to understand the words around you, or preparing to learn Russian and want to master the basics, this is the book for you.
by Oxford University Press
- an integrated course including activities and dialogues with native speakers so you can feel confident in day-to-day conversation. Contains everything you need to speak, read, write, and understand Russian, and gives you flexibility when learning. The pack includes a clear, easy-to-use coursebook, full mp3 audio to download, and 4 CDs to support you in learning a new language. Flexible and structured course units allow you to work at your own pace and check your progress with regular self-testing exercises.
by Svetlana Le Fleming & Susan E. Kay
- a good introduction to spoken and written Russian. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises. The Russian text is written in the Cyrillic alphabet throughout.
by Svetlana Le Fleming & Susan E. Kay
- a intermediate-level course in spoken and written Russian which helps you to review and expand your knowledge of the language. Includes a textbook and two audio cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
- a CD-ROM that helps you to learn Russian vocabulary and grammar. Includes an AutoLearn feature, and a selection of stories that you can read and listen to.
Buy from: www.linguashop.com
by Stephen Webber and Tatyana Webber
- an interesting introduction to Russian society and culture. Covers a wide range of topics, including literature, music, language, art, architecture, cinema, theatre, science, the media, politics, education, health, work, leisure, transport, family and religion. It isn't a language textbook, though each chapter does include a list of useful Russian words and phrases, and further examples of key vocabulary appear in the main text.
This book also contains a guide to additional reading, useful websites and places of interest. If you're learning Russian, or just interested in Russian, this book is essential reading.
by Artemiy Belyaev
- teaches you the essential grammar of Russian with many examples.
- Glossika's audiovisual method helps you master comprehension and achieve fluency. Great on its own, or the perfect companion to your ongoing studies.
Buy from: Glossika.com
by Marcus Wheeler, Boris Ottokar Unbegaun, Paul Falla, Della Thompson
- an invaluable text for any serious student of Russian, or any Russian native speaker learning English. This edition also contains many enhancements, including new supplementary material with a correspondence section, grammar help, and extra sections on the pronunciation of Russian and English. The text has also been updated with hundreds of new words - in both the English and Russian sides of the dictionary - especially important given changes in language and culture over the last few years.
by Kenneth Katzner
- based on American rather than British English, this is among the first Russian dictionaries revised for the post-Soviet era. Includes new political terminology, new Russian institutions, new countries and republics and new city names. Contains 26,000 entries in the English-Russian section and 40,000 words in the Russian-English section. Irregularities in Russian declensions and conjugations appear at the beginning of each entry.
- a dictionary for those who work with the English and Russian languages at beginner's or intermediate level. Focusing on modern usage, the Pocket Dictionary offers coverage of everyday language, including vocabulary from areas such as computers and business. A large number of multi-word lexical units, loose combinations such as collocations as well as set phrases such as idiomatic expressions, are given to show the full spectrum of a word's meaning and to illustrate how the two languages correspond in context.
by Terence Wade
- an excellent, clear, concise guide to the grammar of written and spoken Russian. Covers all the essentials and also the exceptions. Includes numerous example sentences illustrating the grammatical points.
by Terence Wade
- a comprehensive, in-depth guide to the grammar of written and spoken Russian. Includes numerous example sentences taken from comtemporary literature and media sources illustrating the grammatical points. This book is suitable for intermediate to advanced level students of Russian.
by Thomas R., Jr. Beyer
By James Jenkins and Grant Taylor
- contains a collection of easy-to-find phrases for every travel situation, and also a menu decoder, a small two-way dictionary, and essential tips on culture and manners.
By Dr Elena Filimonova
- a compact and easy-to-use phrase book that includes travel and language tips plus a two-way mini-dictionary. It is arranged by topic in clear, colour-coded sections, and offers phrases for every eventuality. Its simple-to-read format allows you to build your own sentences and develop your language skills. Also featuring a comprehensive menu-reader and pronunciation guide
Russian books for children
Information about Russian | Useful phrases | Silly phrases | Numbers | Colours | Time | Family words | Terms of endearment | Weather | Idioms | Tongue twisters | Tower of Babel | Articles | Links | Learning materials | Find Russian tutors
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.