Polish language courses, dictionaries, phrasebooks and other language learning materials.
by Nigel Gotteri and Joanna Michalak-Gray
- an introduction to spoken and written Polish. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
- a good all audio course consisting of a total of 10 half-hour lessons, on CD or cassette. Effectively teaches you authentic pronunciation and intonation, gives you an understanding of the grammar and teaches you a manageable amount of vocabulary.
Buy from: Amazon.com
by Bolesaw W. Mazur
- a good introduction to spoken Polish. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information. Two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises are also available.
- a basic introduction to Polish. Includes dialogues, exercises, games, tests and notes in many different languages. Introduces a fairly limited amount of vocabulary and phrases, but does so in an effective and fun way.
- Glossika's audiovisual method helps you master comprehension and achieve fluency. Great on its own, or the perfect companion to your ongoing studies.
Buy from: Glossika.com
by Slownik Kieszonkowy
- an excellent Polish dictionary containing more than 30,000 words and phrases, and 40,000 translations. Also features many examples of usage, abbreviations, acronyms, proper nouns, and extra notes on the most frequently used Polish words.
Electronic dictionaries and translators: up to 1,000,000 words, full-text translation. Speech recognition, audio phrasebooks. Polish translation software for Windows, Pocket PC, Palm, Mobile phones. Free trial download!
by Dana Bielec
- provides a thorough grounding in the basics of Polish grammar. Divided into forty units each of which introduces a particular grammar point and provides a variety of exercises to practice what you have learnt.
by Dana Bielec
- a clear, thorough, well-organised Polish grammar reference book. Includes numerous examples of contemporary usage and a comprehensive index. There are also sections on such grammatical points as the diminutive noun, vowel and consonant changes, irregular verb declension and declension of words into different parts of speech. Essential reading for serious students of Polish.
by Klara Janecki
- contains the most commonly used Polish verbs listed alphabetically, one verb per page, and fully conjugated with English translation. Also includes verb indices listing nearly 2300 verbs, common Polish idioms using verbs, puzzles, proverbs and tests.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
Why not share this page:
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.