- a good introduction to spoken and written Persian. Includes a course book
containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information,
together with CDs with recordings of most of the dialogues and some of the
exercises. Suitable for beginners.
Colloquial Persian: The Complete Course for Beginners
by Abdi Rafiee
- an good introduction to colloquial spoken and written Persian. Includes a
course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural
information, together with two audio cassettes or CDs with recordings of most
of the dialogues and some of the exercises.
- includes about 25,000 Persian headwords in over seventy themed sections.
Covers a wide range of vocabulary from everyday topics such as food or the
weather, to more in-depth topics such as astronomy, psychology or international
- a clear, user-friendly guide to the grammar of written and spoken Persian.
Covers the Persian script in printed and handwritten forms, educated standard
and educated colloquial pronunciation, and the important polite forms. The grammar
is explained clearly with numerous examples, all shown both in Persian script
and in Latin transliteration. The grammatical themes are grouped logically,
and there are cross-references, appendices and a subject index.
- a comprehensive grammar of modern, classical & colloquial Persian. Includes
glossary. A set of tapes to help you with pronunciation is also available. Suitable
for those familiar with the Persian script, grammatical terms and phonology.
- an introduction to Dari, consisting of a book and an audio CD.
The book follows a step-by-step format. The first part teaches how to
read, write, and pronounce the 32 letters of the Dari alphabet, detailed
explanations of grammar and syntax follow. Each of the 33 lessons include
exercises and vocabulary words to reinforce the covered material. Expressions
and phrases are also included, enabling users to communicate on a basic
level with other Dari speakers.
by Edward Zellem, Aziz Royesh, Mohammad Hussain Mohammadi and Kabul Marefat High School
- a one-of-a-kind book featuring 151 commonly used Dari Proverbs collected
and translated in Afghanistan by U.S. Navy Captain Edward Zellem. The book
is written in English and Dari, and is handsomely illustrated with original
art by Afghan high school students in Kabul
- designed especially for children, young readers and new students of any age studying English or Dari. The vibrant and colorful art by Afghan high school students catches the eye of even the youngest readers, and lends meaning to the new vocabulary and simplified translations. Each Proverb is translated and transliterated in English and Dari, and is accompanied by a related keyword for vocabulary building and reflection. Net proceeds benefit Afghan-led literacy programs in Afghanistan for a new generation of free Afghans.
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot.
When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites
where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your
orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.