The Rencem alphabet was invented by Eric Allman in July 2013 as
a simchen, a challenge to make a quick conscript on half a piece
of paper. The conscript was made while waiting in line at the Magic
Kingdom in Disney World while waiting to go on the teacups. It
is one of his fastest created conscripts being completed after 3 minutes.
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Direction of writing: right to left in horizontal lines
- Capital letters and normal letters have no distinction
- Used to write: English
- It is based on Demotic Egyptian with elements of Ri'qa and Gregg shorthand.
It is written like Arabic where the letters connect with other letters but they are for the most part separate.
- The numbers with more than 2 zeros at the end has a special sign.
- The name comes from the words re en qam (speech of Egypt)
At a million add a line on top of the number and that is equal to
10^(3x+3) where x is the number below the line
Upon the barren landscape the passing vagabond could not
begin to judge your value. The secrets you hold are untouched
by human hands, my beautiful Egypt.
A short monologue by Eric Allman.
Other constructed alphabets