Vietnamese language courses, dictionaries, phrasebooks and other language learning materials.
Note: most Vietnamese materials focus on northern Vietnamese, which is considered the standard dialect and is understood throughout Vietnam.
by Dana Healy
- a good introduction to spoken and written Vietnamese. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
- an all audio course consisting of a total of 10 half-hour lessons on CD or cassette. Effectively teaches you authentic pronunciation and intonation of Vietnamese, gives you an understanding of the grammar and teaches you a manageable amount of vocabulary.
Buy from: Amazon.com
by Le Pham Thuy-Kim, Kim-Oanh Nguyen, Nguyen Kim-Oahn
- this textbook focuses on helping you to improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in Vietnamese. Includes dialogues, grammar and pronunciation exercises, proverbs, and written exercises taken from Vietnamese newspapers. The book is accompanied by three audio CDs.
- Glossika's audiovisual method helps you master comprehension and achieve fluency. Great on its own, or the perfect companion to your ongoing studies.
by Langenscheidt Staff
- a good dictionary that also includes notes both northern and southern pronunciation, grammar and Vietnamese culture.
- includes comprehensive two-way word lists, useful dialogues, tips on customs, etiquette and slang, detailed menu readers, and a brief overview of Vietnamese grammar.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.