One of the Swedish phrases I learnt this week was Det knallar!, which means “it’s okay; it’s business as usual” [source] or literally “it bangs / crashes / pops”. I like the sound of it, so thought I’d write about it.
Related words and expressions include:
- knalleffekt = bombshell, sensation, sensational effect
- knallgul = bright yellow
- knallröd = bright / vivid red
- knallhatt = percussion cap
- knallskott = jumping jack / quockerwodger
- det knallar och går = I’m jogging along, I’m managing
Is it used in any other interesting expressions?