A selection of language courses, dictionaries, grammars and other learning materials for learning Urdu, the national language of Pakistan.
by Richard Delacy
- this book teachers you to read and write the Urdu script its most common form: Nasta'liq. It shows you the shapes of each of the letters and how they fit together.
by David Matthews & Mohamed Kasim Dalvi
- an up-to-date course in spoken and written Urdu suitable for beginners. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
by Khawaja M. Zakariya
- quite a basic introduction to the Urdu language. A knowledge of the Urdu script is necessary to get the most from this course.
- a basic introduction to Urdu. Includes dialogues, exercises, games, tests and notes in numerous languages. Introduces a fairly limited amount of vocabulary and phrases, but does so in an effective and fun way.
Buy from: Amazon.com
by Tej Bhatia
- an introduction to spoken and written Urdu. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information. Two audio cassettes with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises are also available.
by Nicholas Awde
- this dictionary is intended for Urdu speakers learning English, but is also useful to English speakers learning Urdu.
by Nicholas Awde
by Ruth Laila Schmidt
- a clear, fairly comprehensive Urdu grammar reference book.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.