Learn Up to 20 Languages at the Same Time!?

The place for chat about anything not related to language.

Learn Up to 20 Languages at the Same Time!?

Postby dtp883 » Wed 29 Dec 2010 7:25 am

Sorry for spam title. But click this.

http://www.tonguesinteractive.com/

Have any of you ever heard of this, or something similar before? To me, it sounds extremely gimmicky/impossible, but who knows? Have any of you tried something like this? I'm not really sure what else to say. But, I'm extremely interested in this; I mean the lower end of the spectrum, let's say four and under, seems feasible.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Re: Learn Up to 20 Languages at the Same Time!?

Postby Kotoba_Azul » Tue 18 Jan 2011 3:49 am

This guy speaks 26 languages? I find that hard to believe. I mean, you can know at least a little bit of each language, but only a true savant would even come close to being fluent in even 6.

I'll stick with my three current languages, French, Chinese and Japanese. I have no need, now nor ever, to be fluent in more than at most 5 foreign languages. (But who knows, someday I may eat my words.)
Languages, from most fluent to more recent: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin.
Kotoba_Azul

Postby Demonic_Duck » Sun 20 Feb 2011 1:05 pm

Sounds like at best a load of vastly overblown claims about the effectiveness of this course, or at worst a complete scam. If this method is so effective, why has no-one heard of it?
Demonic_Duck

Postby ocowan » Wed 23 May 2012 4:05 am

Though some gifted people are able to tuck in as much as this in terms of the number of languages being studied at the same time, it really is tough, i must tell you.

And all the more is it hard when you get to those which are very similar to one another and you just get them mixed with one another.

Personally, in as much as learning them all at the same time sounds great, it is just not feasible so I take it one step at a time.
ocowan

Return to General chat