Sveiki

The place to introduce yourselves.

Sveiki

Postby Aigars » Mon 03 Aug 2009 8:24 pm

Hello.. or sveiki as we say in Latvia.. :) ..
I'm Aigars and 19 years old..
I was born in Latvia but have lived in Denmark for 12 years now with my Latvian mother and my Danish stepfather. These circumstances render me bilingual.. :P ..
I am very interested in languages and I'm more or less acquainted with a large amount.
Feel free to ask into anything. :)

Native: Latvian, Danish
Speak properly and study intensely: English, German, Russian
Currently spending my time on: Italian
Other languages that I have studied to a certain extent: Georgian (have been in Georgia once :D, very different and difficult language), a bit Icelandic (I'm sitting in Reykjavík as I am writing this) and Lithuanian.. and the IPA of course - very very useful!
Very interested but very inexperienced in: Arabic, Turkish, Hungarian, Finnish, Armenian, Uzbek, Urdu, Estonian..
Aigars

Re: Sveiki

Postby Twix93 » Mon 03 Aug 2009 9:10 pm

Wilkommen! (I can't say that in Russian, Danish or Latvian) - Reykjavík! I went to Iceland last year - Great place. Anch'io studio italiano (preparing for a holiday)
Twix93

Postby Aigars » Mon 03 Aug 2009 9:21 pm

Danke schön.. Yeah.. We just finished a trip all around Iceland yesterday.. :) .. Very beautiful nature..
I've never been in Italia.. Where in Italia are you going? and for how long?
Aigars

Postby Twix93 » Mon 03 Aug 2009 9:35 pm

Aigars wrote:Danke schön.. Yeah.. We just finished a trip all around Iceland yesterday.. :) .. Very beautiful nature..
I've never been in Italia.. Where in Italia are you going? and for how long?

I toured the south of Iceland last year and loved it :D Attempted Íslenska - found it was too hard to learn enough in just a few months.
I've never been before to Italy so first time - but I will stay at Lake Garda, near Verona for one week.
Native: English
Learning: German, Spanish, Mandarin Characters
Learning for holiday: Italian
Also interested in: Eskimo-Aleut languages, Finnish, Volapük, Lojban, Icelandic, Scandinavian
Twix93

Postby Aigars » Mon 03 Aug 2009 9:52 pm

Cool.. :) .. How do you deal with the Italian language? Are you concentrating on grammatical structures or just learning a lot of phrases?
Aigars

Postby Twix93 » Mon 03 Aug 2009 10:08 pm

Aigars wrote:Cool.. :) .. How do you deal with the Italian language? Are you concentrating on grammatical structures or just learning a lot of phrases?

Both - I bought a phrase book to help with phrases but I am also using Oggi e Domani to help myself in vocabulary and grammar. How much do you know in Italian - Beginner? Intermediate? I'm only beginner still :)
Native: English
Learning: German, Spanish, Mandarin Characters
Learning for holiday: Italian
Also interested in: Eskimo-Aleut languages, Finnish, Volapük, Lojban, Icelandic, Scandinavian
Twix93

Postby Aigars » Mon 03 Aug 2009 10:44 pm

Almost nothing .. I am an absolute beginner.. I usually start by going through the grammar of a language.. That is my force.. :) I can read and pronounce Italian too..
Aigars

Postby Sobekhotep » Tue 04 Aug 2009 5:01 am

Aigars wrote:Hello.. or sveiki as we say in Latvia.. :) ..
I'm Aigars and 19 years old..
I was born in Latvia but have lived in Denmark for 12 years now with my Latvian mother and my Danish stepfather. These circumstances render me bilingual.. :P ..
I am very interested in languages and I'm more or less acquainted with a large amount.
Feel free to ask into anything. :)

Native: Latvian, Danish
Speak properly and study intensely: English, German, Russian
Currently spending my time on: Italian
Other languages that I have studied to a certain extent: Georgian (have been in Georgia once :D, very different and difficult language), a bit Icelandic (I'm sitting in Reykjavík as I am writing this) and Lithuanian.. and the IPA of course - very very useful!
Very interested but very inexperienced in: Arabic, Turkish, Hungarian, Finnish, Armenian, Uzbek, Urdu, Estonian..

Welcome to the Omniglot forum!
You're interested in Uzbek? I used to study that language. Not many people have an interest in it.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Aeetlrcreejl » Wed 05 Aug 2009 1:30 am

Sveiki, labdien! Esiet sveicināti Omniglotā. Your bags are being taken up to your room. If you have any questions, call the concierge.

Latvian, Russian, Georgian, Lithuanian, and all your "very interested" languages are awesome.
Aeetlrcreejl

Postby Aigars » Thu 06 Aug 2009 12:10 pm

Yes I am interested in Uzbek, Sobekhotep, as I once was in Georgia for a week I'm caught interest for Central Asian and Caucasian languages. But I found it very difficult to gather material about Uzbek, could you find some?

Paldies, paldies Aeetlcreejl.. :)
Thankyou.. Do you know any of them?
Aigars

Next

Return to Introductions