привет, salut, 你好, merhaba!

The place to introduce yourselves.

привет, salut, 你好, merhaba!

Postby AvaS » Fri 09 Jul 2010 12:07 am

Hello Omniglot,

I am 26 and from the US. I'm currently studying Mandarin, and I've studied Russian and French quite a bit in the past and am trying to keep progressing in those languages. I also have a fondness for Turkish, but I have not progressed much past the novice level. I would like to learn Spanish, just because there are so many people who speak it in the US, and, after Russian and Mandarin, Spanish should be fairly easy for a native English speaker.

I recently renewed my Praxis Language subscription, and I like listening to podcasts from all 4 of their languages (Mandarin, French, Italian, Spanish) while at work or exercising. If you also subscribe to ChinesePod/FrenchPod/SpanishPod/ItalianPod, let me know if you want to chat about our progress and how you feel about the service.

I would consider myself bilingual in French and English, but I aspire to be able to speak many more than that! I look forward to meeting the people here.
AvaS

Re: привет, salut, 你好, merhaba!

Postby dtp883 » Mon 12 Jul 2010 6:04 am

Bienvenue à Omniglot! :)
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby ILuvEire » Fri 16 Jul 2010 5:10 am

欢迎光临!I hope you enjoy your stay here :)
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Cthulhu » Sat 31 Jul 2010 11:16 pm

C'est très bien qu'il y a une autre personne qui peut parle français ici. Bienvenue!
Native: English (US)
Fluent: Français
Learning: русский язык
Hope to learn: Magyar, Tatar

Conlang projects: Aħkvm, upcoming unnamed project.
Cthulhu

Return to Introductions