Voices in triliterate alignment

The place to use Languages other than English (LOTE) to discuss whatever you like.

Voices in triliterate alignment

Postby Tovel » Sun 16 Sep 2012 10:41 am

Do someone know about what voices use to have the languages with triliterate alignment? I think they use to have active, passive ant antipassive, but how they form and what cases do they use for them?
I'm especialy interested in the antipassive one, and if someone have middle voice.
I want to know it because I'm working on voices in my conlang (I've already finished the middle one, but I have doubts about the pasive and the antipassive).

Thank you in advance
Native: Català
Prefectly: Castellano
I can defend me: English, Français
I have some knowledge and learning: lingua latina, русский язык, 日本語, עִבְרִית, Cymraeg.
Own: tollir
Tovel

Re: Voices in triliterate alignment

Postby Anoran » Thu 25 Oct 2012 6:33 am

Honestly not sure what you mean by 'triliterate alignment' here. If you mean a language with three distinct voices (usually active, middle, and passive) then both Swedish and Icelandic are good examples. Old Norse and Ancient Greek are also good examples, but information on those two languages is harder to come across. The antipassive voice is present in most Australian Aboriginal or Native American languages. It's also present in Basque, though it works differently.
Native: English
Fluent: C++, C, Javascript
Non-Fluent: Spanish
Conlangs: Elysiani, Melkovin, Solmeia, Sorone, Tartaran
Current Projects: Multiple conlangs & conscripts, Voynich Manuscript translation
Anoran

Return to Languages other than English