Translate Article 1...

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.
Täzari

Re: Translate Article 1...

Postby Täzari » Sun 11 May 2014 2:48 pm

choc_pud wrote:Land of snow, ey? Sounds like rather a chilly place! Northland is, obviously, in the north, somewhere in the far north of Europe. I've actually not done much more with it since a few months ago, but I shall let you know if I do. I was finding it rather too similar to English and Dutch, in my opinion. :)

Yes please let me know! I will be very happy... By the way, I don't think that being similar to other languages makes your Northlandic less interesting. Actually it can be fun to speculate on how a new Nordic language could develop out of the already existing ones!

Bilśælükot bitæ! - Keep up the good work! =)
Ræhaktæśede enśké är hvå debbéś lit kæbbtera.

#English, #Italian, #Japanese, #Icelandic, #Sanskrit, #Ainu, #Nivkh, #Russian

Sebastian.S.R

Postby Sebastian.S.R » Mon 17 Aug 2015 8:29 am

"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

pašhi hepašjituteguca. wérpacte cabte bóljitu. tato hréljite pašréljite bóljitu. pašflile míjipašyapaš májitelgubá

['paʃi ɛpaʒitʌtɛ'gʌt͡ʃa wœʀ'pat͡ʃtɛ 't͡ʃabtɛ bɒl'ʒitʌ 'tatɑ ʀœl'ʒitɛ paʃʀœl'ʒitɛ bɒl'ʒitʌ paʃ'filɛ myʒipa'ʃapaʃ mɶʒitɛl'gʌba
On ne voit bien qu’avec le coeur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

lobotomicco

Postby lobotomicco » Tue 29 Sep 2015 3:43 am

Fekk fettenenni läss lif och eggel ag dikknak och drýttinne. Hjú en dennot ed räze och knessek och hjú tøv äzek ag rælse aldrýnns vig fjátarsverte.
/fɛʰk 'fɛʰtɛ:nənɪ laɪ̯s lɪ:v ox 'ɛgəl ɑɣ 'dɪʰknɑk ox 'dɾeɪ̯ʰtɪnə/. /çu ɛ:n 'dɛnot əd 'ɾaɪ̯zə ox 'knɛsək ox çu tøð 'aɪ̯zək ɑɣ ɾælsə 'ɑldɾeɪ̯ns vɪɣ 'fʲatɑɾsvɛɾtə/.

All person.SING+being.NOMINATIVE.PLURAL to be born.PRESENT free and equal in dignity.ACCUSATIVE.SINGULAR and right.ACCUSATIVE.PLURAL. They to-be.PRESENT of reason.ACCUSATIVE.SINGULAR and conscience.ACCUSATIVE.SINGULAR and they should.PRESENT act.INFINITIVE in relation.ACCUSATIVE.SINGULAR towards-one-another with spirit.NOMINATIVE.SINGULAR+spirit.ACCUSATIVE.SINGULAR

choc_pud

Postby choc_pud » Wed 30 Sep 2015 8:21 pm

lobotomicco wrote:Fekk fettenenni läss lif och eggel ag dikknak och drýttinne. Hjú en dennot ed räze och knessek och hjú tøv äzek ag rælse aldrýnns vig fjátarsverte.

Would I be right in assuming that this is a Northern Germanic conlang? If so it seems both complex and advanced; jolly good show! :ugeek:
Þu forstanden myccel gód Ængliscum!
Du forstår mal godt dansk!
Du verstehest sehr gut Deutsch!
Vous comprendez très bonne, la français!
Вы знат очынь хорошо па-Русский!
Folchen þeo meor goð Sursðk!
Du farstanden rijt gut Norslandich!

lobotomicco

Postby lobotomicco » Sun 04 Oct 2015 10:25 pm

choc_pud wrote:
lobotomicco wrote:Fekk fettenenni läss lif och eggel ag dikknak och drýttinne. Hjú en dennot ed räze och knessek och hjú tøv äzek ag rælse aldrýnns vig fjátarsverte.

Would I be right in assuming that this is a Northern Germanic conlang? If so it seems both complex and advanced; jolly good show! :ugeek:

Oh, thank you, my conlang is called Golve /go:lðә/.. It's structure is based on Icelandic and German, but the vocabulary is mostly based on Portuguese (my mother tongue). I got the idea of this conlang using most letters that where available on my phone like ø, æ, œ and vowels with diaeresis, circumflex and the acute accent, then I had to choose the sounds of them, and I think this is my most original conlang so far. One thing I love about it, is my idea of making the diaeresis diphthongize the vowels because the diaeresis is two dots above the vowel, so it turns them into two sounds.

Golve has three cases: Nominative, Accusative and Genitive. Accusative and Genitive are represented adding -e, when accusative and -a when genitive to the root (nominative form) of the word that ends in a vowel. And adding -k, when accusative and -r when genitive when the root ends in a consonant.

Golve is an agglutinative language, whenever a set of words represents only one idea the word has to be compounded.

In Golve gender is always neuter at first, if you wanna distinguish the gender for some reason you add -er to the word when feminine and -en when masculine, examples: fett/fettinn (person, man or woman/people, men and women); fetter/fetterinn(woman/women); fetten/fetteninn(man/men). ven/veninn (father or mother/parents); vener/venerinn(mother/mothers); venen/veneninn(father/father).

Verbs are only conjugated in time and mood.

I think that's enough for you to know a little more about my conlang, thanks for the compliment.

if you wanna see more vocabulary of Golve go to: http://lingojam.com/Portugu%C3%AAs-Golve it's a translator from portuguese to golve, but if you don't know portuguese you can just translate some words from english to portuguese in google translate.

bye.

Napishtim

Postby Napishtim » Fri 18 Dec 2015 4:22 am

Here is article 1 in Laramin, with 3 scripts: latin (easier), Larafon (phonetic), Larasem (pure ideographic):

You can note that "in a spirit of brotherhood" is rendered "Zunutuzov", which is built as: Man.Same.Origin.Life.Manner
The last root gives the lexical class. Here, "manner" indicates an adverb.
Then here it means literally "In the manner of men with same life origin", or shorter: "brotherly".
Conlangs: Laramin, Hylian. Conscripts: Alfuni, PhonoBraille, KoreoViet, etc. :roll:

Return to “Conlangery”