Muplo was invented by Max Jurcev to write his conlang of the same
name. Muplo means "beautiful language" in Muplo. He invented it just
because of his deep interest in linguistics, and it's the last con-lang of a long
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Writing direction: left to right in horizontal lines
- Used to write: Muplo
- Words are separated by a dot, two dots are equivalent to a comma,
and three dots a fullstop
- The Muplo alphabet is nearly phonetic: every letter corresponds to
a unique sound (simple or compound)
- The letters are classified in various categories:
- fire letters (r, c, j)
- stone letters (s, q, p, t, k, m, n, f)
- soil letters (h, x, v, b, d, z, g)
- water letters (approximants: w, y, l)
- light letters (schwa and glottal stop: e, ')
- air letters (vowels: a, i, o, u)
- crystal letters = double stone (ss, qq, pp...)
- sand letters = stone + water (ql, kw, fy...)
- mud letters = soil + water (hy, vl, gw...)
- cloud letters = air + air (aa, ia, uo...)
Muplo conjunct letters
Vutozidwin dodye vyade hul hu zwak nainemwaffekla hu voaneramevekla.
Vutozi fifis cikkekuufu hu nainekuufu, hu dozi puneqlalepi qlalevutezuagyo.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They
are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another
in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
More information about the Muplo language
If you have any questions about Muplo alphabet, you can contact Max at:
Other constructed scripts
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
If you like this site and find it useful, you can support it by making a donation, or by contributing in other ways. Omniglot is how I make my living.