Swedish language courses, dictionaries, grammars and other material for learning Swedish.
by Vera Croghan and Ivo Holmqvist
- a clear and comprehensive approach to Swedish containing 24 thematic chapters. Important language structures are introduced through life-like dialogues. Exercises accompany the texts and reinforce learning in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Also features cultural information. The audio CDs include recordings of the dialogues and audio exercises.
by Vera Croghan
- contains ten topics (with two conversations each) with specific objectives. Each topic introduces 15 key words (plus some cognates), three structures/useful phrases, and one main grammar point. You are encouraged from the start to speak out loud; your confidence will be built through a variety of listening exercises. The third CD provides practical guidance on holding two-way conversations, covering such difficulties as speaking with people who talk very fast or use words and phrases that you do not know.
by Philip Holmes and Gunilla Serin
- an introduction to spoken and written Swedish. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises. This course works best for those with a basic knowledge of Swedish.
by Joacim Eriksson and Werner Skalla
- a book that teaches you Swedish via a story about a ghost called Alfred. It starts simply, and introduces more complex language as the story develops.
- a good Swedish-English dictionary that includes many examples of usage, plus notes on pronunciation and grammar.
- a good English-Swedish dictionary that includes many examples of usage, plus notes on pronunciation and grammar.
by Ake Viberg
- a clear, concise, well-written and well-organised introduction to Swedish grammar. Includes many practical examples of usage.
by Philip Holmes and Ian Hinchliffe
- a comprehensive, detailed and well-written description of Swedish grammar. Includes many practical examples of usage and a glossary of grammatical terms.
by Richard P. Auletta
- a very useful book that not only provides the verb conjugations, but also explains sentence structure, negative clauses and basic grammar, a details of older forms of Swedish.
- features over 8,000 everyday Swedish phrases, as well as practical advice and cultural tips.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
Why not share this page:
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.
If you're looking for home or car insurance in the UK, why not try Policy Expert?