by James Lockhart
- a good introduction to written Nahuatl.
by Horacio S. J. Carochi, James Lockhart (Translator)
- this book is the most influential work ever published on Nahuatl grammar and remains an essential work of reference for the student of the language. This new edition presents the original Spanish and an English translation on facing pages, along with explanatory commentary.
by Frances Karttunen
- a good Nahuatl-English dictionary which also includes notes on Nahuatl orthography and grammar.
by Fermin Herrera
- the only dictionary with an English-Nahuatl section currently available.
by J. Richard Andrews
- the standard reference work for scholars and students of Nahuatl.
by J. Richard Andrews
- a workbook of exercises to accompany Introduction to Classical Nahuatl.
by James Lockhart (Editor)
- based on Book Twelve of the Florentine Codex, this book contain accounts of the conquest of Mexico in Nahuatl collected Fray Bernardino de Sahagn, who then added a parallel Spanish account that is part summary, part elaboration of the Nahuatl. This book also contains English translations of the Nahuatl and Spanish texts, together with reproductions of the numerous illustrations from the Codex.
by Miguel Leon-Portilla (Editor)
- contains a interesting accounts of the conquest of Mexico from the point of view of the Aztecs.
by Bernal Díaz del Castillo, John M. Cohen (Translator)
- an eyewitness account of the conquest of Mexico. Bernal Díaz fought in the front lines of Hernán Cortés' army, and he reports his experiences in this book.
by Miguel Leon-Portilla
- an in-depth study of the philosophical and religious thought of the ancient Mexico.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.