Do you nurdle? Have you ever nurdled?
The verb to nurddle means:
- To score runs by gently nudging the ball into vacant areas of the field (in cricket).
- To gently waffle or muse on a subject which one clearly knows little about.
The noun nurddle means:
- A type of shot in cricket
- A cylindrical shaped pre-production plastic pellet used in manufacturing and packaging.
- A blob of toothpaste shaped like a wave, often depicted on toothpaste packaging.
The origins of this word are uncertain.
Are there equvialents of this word in other languages?