Nyabwa is a member of the Western Kru branch of the Niger-Congo language family. It is spoken by about 72,000 people in the south of Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), particularly in the Bas-Sassandra and Sassandra-Marahoué districts.
Nyabwa is also known as Niaboua, Nyaboa, Nyabobɔgo or Nyabwa-Nyédébwa. It is written with the Latin alphabet.
Nyabwa alphabet and pronunciation
Download an alphabet chart for Nyabwa (Excel)
Sample text (The Lord's Prayer - Luke 11: 2-4)
- ꞌLe ɔ na: -Bho a -ka -Lagɔ wɔn gbo-o po a, a na:
-Aꞌba -Tɩta, -aꞌa ꞌꞌbhuo nʋ ɛ, ꞌle, -ka -ɩn ꞌsaaꞌa li, nyʋ ꞌke ɩ yibo! Yi -ɩn ꞌke nyʋ -kɔ!
- ꞌꞌNyɩ -amʋ lililɛ zɔꞌꞌo zɔ!
- Nyʋ-ʋ nʋꞌa -amʋ ꞌꞌnyinynidɩ ꞌꞌlruli, -ka -a ꞌbhɔꞌɔ ꞌya dɩ a, -aꞌba ꞌꞌnyinynidɩ -a nʋꞌa ꞌbho -aꞌa ꞌꞌyigbeyi, ꞌbhɔ -kaa ꞌya dɩ! -Aꞌa -za ꞌꞌnyinynidɩꞌa tiyayi ꞌꞌyrili, ꞌɛ -lu -nɩ -amʋ tidɩnlɩ ꞌmʋ tʋ wɔn ꞌmʋ -le!
- And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
- Give us day by day our daily bread.
- And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Source: Bible Gateway
Information about Nyabwa
Languages written with the Latin alphabet
Page created: 18.01.23. Last modified: 18.01.23
Why not share this page:
Learn languages for free on Duolingo
If you like this site and find it useful, you can support it by making a donation via PayPal or Patreon, or by contributing in other ways. Omniglot is how I make my living.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.