A selection of materials for learning Xhosa, a Bantu language spoken in South Africa, Botswana and Lesotho.
- teaches you basic Xhosa vocabulary and phrases through games and activities
by Tessa Dowling
- a 20-lesson interactive multimedia CD-ROM which incorporates video, sound, graphics and interactive exercises that provide immediate learner feedback. The package provides an accompanying course book with comprehensive grammatical content and further exercises. Level: Beginners to advanced.
Buy from: Amazon.com
by Beverly Kirsch and Silvia Skorgei
- an introduction to the Xhosa language consisting of course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with audio recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
- zeroes in on the most essential phrases for day-to-day communication. Includes greetings, personal needs, travel and transportation, time and calendar, weather, and more. Covers grammar, pronunciation, social customs, and vocabulary. Native voices with authentic pronunciation. Approximately 100 minutes of audio on two audio CDs + printable PDF booklet.
Buy from: Amazon.com
by A. Fischer
- a comprehensive dictionary that includes 15000 entries ranging from everyday to technical terms and indicates the class system of Xhosa nouns. Many examples of usage in context are provided.
by Beverley Kirsch, Silvia Skorgen and Sindiwe Magona
by H. Tsolwana
by Zolile Calana and Patrick Holo
- an illustrated collection of proverbs in Xhosa with literal English translations, explanations and possible equivalent English proverbs.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.