Toe cozy

My new ToeCozy

How do you find something if you don’t know what it’s called or even if it exists?

This is the problem that faced me yesterday when I started looking for something to cover the toes of my left foot that stick out of my plaster cast. I was using a sock, but it didn’t fit very well, and kept on slipping off, so I thought I’d try to find a better alternative.

I went on Amazon (other online retailers are available), and searched for cover for plaster cast, or something similar, I soon found what I was looking for – the toe cozy or ToeCozy. Like a tea cozy, but it fits on your toes rather than on your teapot.

I think it’s a brand name rather than a generic name. Is there a generic name for such things? Maybe toe cover.

When you’re learning a foreign language you often faced a similar situation, especially when you start, as you have only limited vocabulary. You just have to use the words you do know to describe things you don’t have words for. Or maybe you have other ways to get round this.

This entry was posted in English, Language, Language learning, Words and phrases.

One Response to Toe cozy

  1. David Eger says:

    Toe Cosy is a perfectly good word for it in my opinion. I imagine the medical term for such a thing might be something like cast slipper – that gives sufficient information, I think, for nurses to know what it means but, taken ot of context, would have most people flummoxed.

%d bloggers like this: