The Thengic alphabet was created by Harry Godfrey in order
to write notes in secret. The letter shapes are based on Runic
alphabets, the English Alphabet, Ancient Greek, the IAP and
early Latin alphabets.
- Written from left to right in horizontal lines.
- Vowels are indicated by accents when they occur before a consonant,
otherwise they are written with separate letters.
- Words are separated by two dots, while three dots mark the
beginning and end of sentences.
- Each sentence starts on a new line and there is an extra
line between paragraphs and after headings.
- Thengic is designed to write English, though could be used to
write most modern, Latin based, Western European languages.
Sample text in Thengic
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act
towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
Other writing systems invented by visitors to this site
Learn Chinese Characters with the Omniglot Chinese app