Tengwar for Spanish
This is a method of writing Spanish using Tolkien's Tengwar alphabet devised
by Edvin. He has based his method on Quenya and believes it is a more efficent
system than other methods, which are based on Sindarin and have many "dead letters".
- Type of writing system: vocalised abjad
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines
- Vowels are written with diacritics over the consonants that precede them,
or over a vowel carrier is they are at the beginning of a word or on their own.
- The vowel diacritics (tehtar) are written over, (or below in the case
of diphthongs), the consonant which they follow. If vowels appear on their
own or at the beginning of a word, the diacritics are written over the vowel carrier.
- The second r, s, and ch are used when the tengwar carry tehtar.
- A tilde/overbar is used to show a nasal infixion.
- When the s sound comes before a consonant, it is written with a small
hook attached to the consonant is precedes.
- When the tengwa for y is written by itself, it is pronounced as a
- Diphthongs using cu, gu/gü, ju, and hu are written using the
corresponding tengwar. Other diphthongs are written using a u or i
tehta underneath the consonant with the second vowel carried above
the consonant. The cu, gu/gü, ju, and hu tengwar are not used outside
of diphthongs. E.g. Encuentro would use the cu tengwa, but encubro
would use the c tengwa carrying the u tehta.
Todos los seres humanos nacen libres e iguales en dignidad y derechos
y, dotados como están de razón y conciencia, deben comportarse
fraternalmente los unos con los otros.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They
are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another
in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
Other methods of writing Spanish with Tengwar
Information about Tengwar in Spanish
Main Tengwar page,
Tengwar for English,
Tengwar for Hungarian,
Tengwar for Portugese,
Tengwar for Scottish Gaelic (1),
Tengwar for Scottish Gaelic (2),
Tengwar for Spanish,
Tengwar for Latin American Spanish,
Tengwar for Welsh
Tolkien's alphabets and languages
Tengwar, Quenya & Sindarin) |
Uruk Runes |
Tolkien-related links |
Books about Tolkien's invented languages |
Tolkien's books in various languages
Learn Chinese Characters with the Omniglot Chinese app