Pesato was created by Carl Buck for his personal constructed language
Kala. It was inspired by the Chinese and Mongolian Seal scripts as well as Hangul.
- Type of writing system: syllabic and quasi-featural
- Direction of writing: left to right in vertical columns running from top to bottom or in horizontal rows top to bottom
- Used to write: Kala
- Pesato = pe - dot, mark, point | sa'o - nine | to - way, method, manner
- Using a 9 dot matrix
- Connect each dot to at least one other dot (except numerals)
- No crossing lines
- Try to convey phonetic value (when possible)
- No diagonal lines
Sample text in Pesato
kua tlana tsiya ma'a katsi ma kueli soto nasa kam tlitsi ma omato yoha ma kanku ma'a tsaku te otauan ketahe
A recording of this text by Carl Buck
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards
one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
If you have any questions about Pesato, you can contact Carl at: cfbuckjr[at]gmail[dot]com
Writing systems by Carl Buck
Other writing systems invented by visitors to this site
Learn Chinese Characters with the Omniglot Chinese app