The Eriseci alphabet was invented by Brandon Klug for a book
he is hoping to write. Eriseci is used to write Erisa, the
language spoken by the Ali'uni, a race of angels who inhabit
the Earth in secrecy. The script is meant to look like the
steeples and bell towers of the cathedrals where the Ali'uni
are said to come to Earth from their realm.
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines.
- Used to write: Erisa. Can also be used to write any language that uses
the Latin alphabet, and could be easily adapted to contain accents and other
- Written in a continuous line, there is no separation between the letters or the words.
- To show separation between letters, a tedo, or dot, is placed above
and below the final stem in alternating sequences. Therefore the first letter
would have a dot above the final stem, the second, a dot below, the third, a
dot above, and so on.
- A space is indicated by placing a Le'ubido, or double dot, above and
below the final stem of the last letter in the word.
- The End/Beginning is used like a hyphen, if the line ends in the middle
of a word, or if the sentence isn't finished, use the End punctuation, and
then use the Beginning to start the new line.
Lali nemahu gesinabe e'aro ri'enubo efara dana lu'aneqe ino
'itagahidi dana tesigahiri. E'yothe e'aro diwedo'enu thewi onasure dana
ce'enucineseco dana lido'enushe tace seradiwato e'oni ruhenotane ino
a'itiresapa ofi do'orehe'otiberu.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They
are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another
in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
Other constructed scripts
Learn Chinese Characters with the Omniglot Chinese app