G'day!

The place to introduce yourselves.

G'day!

Postby Brian-M » Mon 05 Mar 2012 2:56 pm

Greetings from below the equator!

My name is Brian (as you can tell from my user-name), and I live in Victoria, Australia. Currently I only speak English, although I did make a brief attempt to lean Italian (but lost interest before I got very far, mi dispiace).

Recently I've becoming interested in making my own conlang, and stumbled across this site while doing some research. (While it's far less useful than learning an existing language, the fact that I'm using my imagination to create something new makes it a more interesting endeavor.)

I intend to start a thread with what details I've come up with so far, and asking for suggestions in the "Conlangery" section in the next few days.

I've already wasted a couple of days making a true-type font for it. After the basic alphabet and numbers, I got a bit carried away with adding punctuation and miscellaneous symbols, and didn't stop until I ran out of printable characters in the standard ASCII character set I could replace.

I could continue adding symbols, but I've already got all I need, plus lots of symbols I'll probably never use, such as mathematical symbols for "not equal to" and "x root of". I'll take a break for a day or two before polishing it off, getting all the spacing right, and making up an easy-to-read chart for it in GIMP.
Brian-M

Re: G'day!

Postby Brian-M » Wed 07 Mar 2012 8:09 am

I've now started a thread in the conlangery section.
Pixie Language. Suggestions?

Hopefully, this will act as a direct link...
http://www.omniglot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=678&p=9258#p9258
Brian-M

Return to Introductions