Ranse language

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Ranse language

Postby Alisbet » Tue 05 Apr 2011 5:20 pm

Here is yet another conlang of mine. This one is rather peculiar since all of the words are spoken as invidual letters. This also makes it rather simple to learn once you get the gist of it.

For example, the word for ground in Ranse is spoken as tira avent erate bolaga or taeb and the word sister is avent tira erate kochen otami or ateko

The invidual 'letter' are as follows:

r: ranse

v: vitali

c: cenet

t: tira

d: danbraga

f: fera

e: erate

a: avent

k: kochen

o: otami

m: mira

i: itra

g: gamat

n: niri

s: sira

That's all of the letters of the language.

Tell me what do you think about my creation. More details to come.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.
Alisbet

Re: Ranse language

Postby LackOfFuel » Tue 05 Apr 2011 5:51 pm

Alisbet wrote: This one is rather peculiar since all of the words are spoken as invidual letters. This also makes it rather simple to learn once you get the gist of it.

For example, the word for ground in Ranse is spoken as tira avent erate bolaga or taeb and the word sister is avent tira erate kochen otami or ateko

I find this rather confusing and I'm not sure if I'm right about what you mean. Could you give me a sample of sentence or something?
Ponavadi ni v moji navadi, da govorim nenavadno o nenavadno nenavadnih navadah. :P

I usually don't speak unusually about unusually unusual habits. :P
LackOfFuel

Postby Alisbet » Tue 05 Apr 2011 6:13 pm

In the written form, the sentences have a / like character instead of a dot separating them. For example, tiab tokeba ateni / ibare takebi irano.

The words are still pronounced one letter at a time.

Also, a chirp like sound is added to signal the speaker when a new sentence begins.

I hope this answers your question.
Alisbet

Postby Dan_ad_nauseam » Wed 06 Apr 2011 5:14 am

So, basically, words are spelled out. How would this have evolved?
Dan_ad_nauseam

Postby Alisbet » Thu 07 Apr 2011 6:39 pm

The numbers are expressed in Ranse not by words but rather with a series of hands movements called as ranzi. For example, when expressing the number 15, you would first display the sign for one and then quickly changing to the sign expressing the number 5. All of this is done while saying the word relevant to the number.

0: Hands to the side

1: Left hand up, other down

2: Both hands up

3: Left hand to the side, right hand down

4: Both hands to the side

5: Hands crossed in front of you

6: Left hand down, right hand up

7: Left hand down, right hand to the side

8: Left hand diagonally in front of you

9: Right hand diagonally in front of you

The speakers of Ranse , the nagorami resemble foxes and primarily lives in forests in huts suspended in trees but a select few will also be found outside the forest. It is unknown why their language is so unusual and what made it possible for the language to develop like that. One theory is that the individual letter speaking is actually a code so that outsiders will not know what they are speaking about. This theory is especially supported by the fact that nagorami living outside the forest speaks normally.
Alisbet

Return to Conlangery