Your favorite music

The place for chat about anything not related to language.

Your favorite music

Postby Kotoba_Azul » Fri 17 Sep 2010 1:01 am

It's been a while, nay, a year since I've posted on this forum, so I figured I should start a topic.

What's your favorite music?
I personally like techno, especially the DJ Tiesto. But most pop music is good. I listen to Cascada alot. Also I have enjoyed Lady Gaga's music in times passed(Though not anymore, since she wore a dress made out of meat. Very disgusting.).
Sometimes I enjoy classical music, and Oriental music. I've seen on the internet a video of Japanese Geishas(Is it acceptable to pluralize Japanese words when used in English?)performing, and I was fascinated by it. It struck me as beautiful.

So what type of music do you like?
Languages, from most fluent to more recent: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin.
Kotoba_Azul

Re: Your favorite music

Postby Delodephius » Fri 17 Sep 2010 2:25 am

Classical, ethno, oriental a bit. I especially love marches. I'm also collecting imperial anthems. I am not a fan of modern popular music, though I do listen from time to time but I don't have favourites, singers or songs. I also like country music, outlaw type, and some old rock. I for some reason love Confederacy-nostalgia music, like 'Dixieland' or 'South will rise again' and the like.
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby dtp883 » Fri 17 Sep 2010 3:29 am

Okay, well, for Spanish, I like Shakira (Columbia), La Oreja de Van Gogh (Spain) and Juanes (Columbia). And many other scattered songs and artists across the hispanosphere.

For French, the only ones I've really listened to are Zazie and Axel Bauer.

In Arabic, I like DAM. And, in Hebrew, Shiri Maimon and HaDag Nachash and a few Eurovision songs.

As for English, I'm afraid it's going to be horribly cliche. I like 90's music and 80's music. Of course, there are a lot of good songs from the past few years that are also good. I normally like only a few songs by a single artist, but I enjoy most genres.

A song that has been stuck in my head for a while now is Get Buck in Here by DJ Felli Fel. :lol:
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby dtp883 » Fri 17 Sep 2010 6:40 am

In my last post, I wrote "good songs...that are good." Please excuse the error, I cannot edit it. :roll:
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby telal » Fri 17 Sep 2010 10:39 pm

my favorite music is turkish folk music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEesO4OVRKU < example
לא משנה
telal

Postby Delodephius » Sat 18 Sep 2010 6:02 pm

telal wrote:my favorite music is turkish folk music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEesO4OVRKU < example

Could you help me, I like this song but I don't know what is it about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nhwtqGPoTc
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby dmdiannemorales » Thu 18 Nov 2010 3:32 am

During High School, I really love listening to slow music, like love songs. As I reached college I was influenced by my friends who's favorite genre is RNB.
dmdiannemorales

Postby Demonic_Duck » Mon 21 Feb 2011 6:04 am

Kotoba_Azul wrote:Also I have enjoyed Lady Gaga's music in times passed(Though not anymore, since she wore a dress made out of meat. Very disgusting.)

Do you ethically object to this or simply find the idea repulsive? And either way, how does this affect your appreciation of her music?

I listen to lots of stuff, I love metal (my favourite band is Strapping Young Lad), but recently I've been listening to quite a bit of older stuff such as The Beatles and The Kinks. I'd say my staple musical diet is (under a very broad definition) modern(ish) rock and pop, but I also sometimes listen to classical, jazz, folk, hip-hop, electronic music, as well as other genres.
Demonic_Duck

Postby Aika-sáni » Tue 01 Mar 2011 2:22 am

My favourite music at the moment is:
정선아리랑 (Jeongseon Arirang) by 김영임 (Kim Yeong-Im) -Korean
Planxty's album the Well Bellow the Valley -Irish
Bollywood music, particually चोलि के पीधे Choli ke peechhe
Suzanne Vega Gypsy
Disney's Herkulese I won't say I'm in love Thai version
明月千里寄相思-吳鶯音 Which I don't know the English name for
Sami yusuf you came to me Turkish and Farsi versions
and
David Fanshawe's album African Sanctus
Dća a haíjạ́na ce Hijẹíba, Saï--ba, Ạía, Yedẹma ai ba cạjam.
Aika-sáni

Postby Kotoba_Azul » Fri 11 Mar 2011 7:45 pm

Demonic_Duck wrote:
Kotoba_Azul wrote:Also I have enjoyed Lady Gaga's music in times passed(Though not anymore, since she wore a dress made out of meat. Very disgusting.)

Do you ethically object to this or simply find the idea repulsive? And either way, how does this affect your appreciation of her music?

Bearing in mind that this was a while ago, I ethically object to it. I still like her music, I guess, but it's wearing down.

Anyways, lately I've been listening to Vivian Hsu, Elva Hsiao, Hamasaki Ayumi, Kumi Koda, Shakira, and Pink Martini.
Languages, from most fluent to more recent: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin.
Kotoba_Azul

Next

Return to General chat