If you could be President

The place for chat about anything not related to language.

If you could be President

Postby Alisbet » Fri 03 Sep 2010 4:17 pm

Hello everyone at the Omniglot. Here is a great topic for you. This topic is dedicated to this question: If you could be a president, what kind of president you would be? Enjoy.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.
Alisbet

Re: If you could be President

Postby Delodephius » Sat 04 Sep 2010 12:20 am

I wouldn't want to be a president. I would rather be an absolutist monarch. A president goes away no matter if he performs good or bad. As a monarch if I do good I'm there for life. :D
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby Dan_ad_nauseam » Sat 04 Sep 2010 3:26 am

Delodephius wrote:I wouldn't want to be a president. I would rather be an absolutist monarch. A president goes away no matter if he performs good or bad. As a monarch if I do good I'm there for life. :D

Of course, you'd have to be careful about how long that life was. :-)
Dan_ad_nauseam

Postby Yaziq » Fri 10 Sep 2010 8:31 pm

As a President of the USA I would break tradition by actually abiding by the Constitution in my conduct of the Office. I would seek to restore honor to the Office of the Presidency and make the nation fully aware of the insults that the Presidency has suffered at the hands of both Democratic and Republican presidents.
Yaziq

Postby formiko » Wed 15 Sep 2010 10:56 pm

Yaziq wrote:As a President of the USA I would break tradition by actually abiding by the Constitution in my conduct of the Office. I would seek to restore honor to the Office of the Presidency and make the nation fully aware of the insults that the Presidency has suffered at the hands of both Democratic and Republican presidents.

Excellent answer, however I would NEVER want to be President. I would not want to be in charge of greatest country in the world, because it's a HUGE responsibility, and running a big family is hard enough minus 300 million people :)
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
formiko

Postby telal » Fri 17 Sep 2010 10:35 pm

as POTUS i would hand everything back over to the tribal nations
לא משנה
telal

Postby formiko » Sun 19 Sep 2010 7:25 am

telal wrote:as POTUS i would hand everything back over to the tribal nations

I guess you like civil war :) I'm NDN, and I doubt most nations would take their original land back. Too little, too late.
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
formiko

Postby choc_pud » Thu 08 May 2014 6:49 pm

Why would anyone want to be President of the US? I'd much rather be a monarch with some real power, or the head of a feudal system like the one which presided over the island of Sark until recently. Could be a dictator of course, but a nice one, not a chavvy one like Kim Jong Un.

If I were ruler of the UK I would make the North of England independent; at the moment we have an extremist Government who only care about London and the South-East. Down with Westminster, up with the North, I say! :D

But realistically, a little more funding would be nice. We're still using forty year old trains, whilst the people in the South complain when their trains reach ten years old! Honestly, get a life.
Dyfal donc a dyr y garreg, ydy?
choc_pud

Postby Yaziq » Thu 08 May 2014 8:57 pm

If I were President I would attempt to fortify the southern border of the USA. Our southern border is a dangerous place with all the kidnappings, human trafficking and such. The American people deserve something better than the present situation.
Yaziq

Postby Mikhail » Mon 19 May 2014 8:11 pm

I don't really know if I want to be a president of any country, but if I had power to set the laws, I would start to ban the things which doesn't have any sense in life from my point of view.
Here is a small list to start with:
- most weapons (some cold weapons like pike or sword could stay)
- personal cars
- putting small portions of food in plastic packages (plastic, plastic, it's everywhere!)
- cutting down the trees

Regarding social and political life I would avoid stupid military invasions and recommend the other presidents not to stick their nose in the culture and life of other tribes, everyone must look at his own surrounding.
native: Russian
know good: English, German

my constructed alphabet: Scythian
Mikhail

Return to General chat