What are you?

The place for chat about anything not related to language.

What are you?

Herbivore/Vegan
No votes
Herbivore/Vegetarian
27%
Omnivore
73%
Carnivore
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: What are you?

Postby Talib » Mon 05 Jul 2010 3:32 am

Like Got fun Oyvrohom.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Delodephius » Tue 06 Jul 2010 12:02 am

Here is something interesting about B12 vitamin.

B12 is found in dirty. When cows eat grass they take in a large amount of bacteria that contain B12 vitamin. From cows then people get the B12. But for a vegan, there is no cow. Cow is only the middle man between B12 and man. If cows get B12 from dirt, then we should also. I'm not suggesting eating dirt with a spoon though. But eating semi-cleaned vegetables and fruits would do the trick. The problem with this is that in the western world people are germ-phobic. Most of them have a weak immune system to eat unsanitized food. Luckily, I don't have that problem. As a kid I ate mud, chicken and dog shit, I are from the dog's bowl, I played with goats and pigs, and of course I didn't wash my hands afterwards. Over time this resulted in me having a very strong immune system. I have been eating unclean vegetables and fruits since as long as I can remember. And I don't mean unclean bought from the market. I live in a village, we grow our own food. Not only that, but I am kinda surrounded by dirt all the time. So plenty of B12 vitamin for me.

Another thing about B12 is that the body can produce a little bit of its own. The bacteria that make B12 can live inside you, inside your mouth and intestine. Now, if you don't brush your teeth like me, your mouth would be full of bacteria with vitamin B12. If you don't eat industrialized food, your teeth will also be in good shape too. :D
http://www.pamrotella.com/health/b12.html
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby ILuvEire » Tue 06 Jul 2010 6:48 am

B12 fortified soy milk and breakfast cereal ftw. :D
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Delodephius » Tue 06 Jul 2010 8:39 am

Yeah, fortified. Nothing like that here.
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby Pangu » Wed 14 Jul 2010 12:49 pm

I tried to be, and would like to be, a vegetarian but it's just so darn difficult here in Texas, home of steaks and barbeque! :lol:
Fluent: 漢語, English
Learning: tiếng Việt (Chữ Nôm)
Interested: 한국어
Pangu

Postby ILuvEire » Fri 16 Jul 2010 10:19 pm

Pangu wrote:I tried to be, and would like to be, a vegetarian but it's just so darn difficult here in Texas, home of steaks and barbeque! :lol:

Oh my gosh, where in Texas do you live? It's really not tough, I promise, go for it, try it out, it's a lot easier than you'd think. :)
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Pangu » Sat 17 Jul 2010 2:09 am

ILuvEire wrote:
Pangu wrote:I tried to be, and would like to be, a vegetarian but it's just so darn difficult here in Texas, home of steaks and barbeque! :lol:

Oh my gosh, where in Texas do you live? It's really not tough, I promise, go for it, try it out, it's a lot easier than you'd think. :)

I live in Houston.

I've tried being vegetarian several times as a matter of fact. The longest streak was about three weeks.

Fortunately there are a couple of good Chinese & Vietnamese vegetarian restaurants so I don't need to resort to eating just salad.

But it's still difficult not so much because I crave meat, which I really don't, but vegetarian food simply isn't nearly as readily available.

So I try to eat vegetarian as often as I can but for now, I'm just a part-time vegetarian :)
Pangu

Postby ILuvEire » Sat 17 Jul 2010 8:42 am

Pangu wrote:I live in Houston.

I've tried being vegetarian several times as a matter of fact. The longest streak was about three weeks.

Fortunately there are a couple of good Chinese & Vietnamese vegetarian restaurants so I don't need to resort to eating just salad.

But it's still difficult not so much because I crave meat, which I really don't, but vegetarian food simply isn't nearly as readily available.

So I try to eat vegetarian as often as I can but for now, I'm just a part-time vegetarian :)

Come to Austin, we've got tons of vegetarian restaurants! I actually found a big list of veg restaurants in Houston, here. In any case, I know that it can be tough, but I think that doing the best that you can is really all anyone could ask for, besides the fact that skipping meat for just one meal already helps tremendously.

And I love eating Chinese food, it's so veggie friendly :)
ILuvEire

Postby Pangu » Sat 17 Jul 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks for sharing the list :) I'm glad the list includes all the vegetarian restaurants I usually go to (and love).
Pangu

Postby GoobLanger » Wed 28 Jul 2010 4:13 pm

I am a humanitarian. Delicious!
Phn'glui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
GoobLanger

PreviousNext

Return to General chat