Manna

The place to discuss extinct languages.

Manna

Postby falasha » Wed 07 Jul 2010 1:46 am

The domestication of the honey bee began in Egypt or Ethiopia, and spread to Europe. Many subspecie of honeybee were created because of human intervention. What a dependable commodity for sustaining a clan and for trade. Honey was believed to fall from the sky as a gift from God. A miracle attributed to Min in Egypt. Min was the creator god responsible for gift of honey during the Israelites Egyptian sojourn. The hexagram chamber was where the miracle took place and the common cultural symbol used for honeycomb was Mn. When the Israelites wandered they were sustained with Manna (honeycomb) from heaven (the sky spirit) sometimes represented by a dove. Living on honeycomb supplied by holy priests guarding the purity of the inner sanctum to guard against sudden hive decline.

Gold metal coins symbolize the honey and hexagram shape of the cells of honeycomb. Money comes from same root word as Manna and both are common cultural symbols of the people that domesticated the honey bee and used this strategy to migrate out of Egypt.
falasha
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon 07 Jun 2010 12:08 pm

Re: Manna

Postby linguoboy » Wed 07 Jul 2010 1:58 am

falasha wrote:When the Israelites wandered they were sustained with Manna (honeycomb) from heaven (the sky spirit) sometimes represented by a dove.

"Manna" wasn't honeycomb. It was bug shit.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 9:02 am

Re: Manna

Postby falasha » Wed 07 Jul 2010 3:41 pm

linguoboy wrote:
falasha wrote:When the Israelites wandered they were sustained with Manna (honeycomb) from heaven (the sky spirit) sometimes represented by a dove.

"Manna" wasn't honeycomb. It was bug shit.


The dove was thought to be the spirit of departed people. Dung of dove (which fell from sky) used the word DBR.
falasha
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon 07 Jun 2010 12:08 pm

Re: Manna

Postby linguoboy » Wed 07 Jul 2010 3:59 pm

falasha wrote:Dung of dove (which fell from sky) used the word DBR.

Cite please.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 9:02 am

Re: Manna

Postby Dan_ad_nauseam » Thu 08 Jul 2010 4:25 am

linguoboy wrote:
falasha wrote:Dung of dove (which fell from sky) used the word DBR.

Cite please.


AFAICT, Falasha says everything used the root DBR.
Dan_ad_nauseam
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat 18 Apr 2009 5:25 am

Re: Manna

Postby falasha » Thu 08 Jul 2010 5:43 am

linguoboy wrote:
falasha wrote:Dung of dove (which fell from sky) used the word DBR.

Cite please.

Jonah (Yona, Dove, Yunas, Oannes)

Oannes was the god that rose up out of the Erythian Sea half fish half man. He would eat no food with men during the day and would go back to the sea at night. He was, afterall, a sea creature. The ancient Egyptians believed the dead would be reborn after they passed through the body of a sea creature, just as the sun did everyday. Their souls would rise up though the AIR and would pass into the body of birds. Doves were the common cultural symbol of the mystery of the God that occupied the invisible air. Nannes was the southwind that could blow good or evil.

Oa/Eau was the god of the sky and gifts from the sky were attributed to Ea. Dung of Dove was a gift from god and came down to earth from the sky as a commandment from God, therefore, it was DBR. Dung of Dove was given as an offering to YHWH and was a highly prized commodity. Linguists are puzzled why ancient people would eat dung of pigeon and offer it to their god. But we still eat dung of dove today. I had a bit tonight and it was delicious! Even our word for dung of dove harkens back to that ancient misnomer; CHICK PEE.
falasha
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon 07 Jun 2010 12:08 pm

Re: Manna

Postby dtp883 » Thu 08 Jul 2010 12:05 pm

That really is not a citation.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am; I don't think any major Ancient Egyptian Settlements (or any at all?) were near enough a body of water to see the sun rise from or set in it. To the East the closest point of the Nile is ~80 miles from the Red Sea. To the West is many times that until the Atlantic Ocean. None of them saw the sun set into the water, only the sand.

Just a side note, I was taught that Amun/Ra/Horus sailed through the sky on his boat, during the day, much like Apollo and Helios; during the night, he went through the Underworld. When we have Ra, it was night in the Underworld, and when we had night, the Underworld had day.

No offence, but I find your post really incoherent. You start off about a god name Oannes, which, according to Google, is Babylonian. Then you jump into a, in my opinion, incorrect, description of the Egyptian after life. You then have one line about a god called Oa/Eau/Ea that, as far as I can tell, is not Egyptian, Babylonian, or Canaanite. Then you move right into the Israelites's God and connect Ea with YWHW. Then Dove's Dung is somehow a commandment from God (which one at this point, I have no clue) and therefore is connected to DBR, commandment. Then you eat dove poop. I'm sorry, I just don't understand the logic.

FYI, linguists worry more about what comes out of mouths, not what goes into them.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
User avatar
dtp883
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat 18 Apr 2009 10:51 pm
Location: San Francisco Area

Re: Manna

Postby Delodephius » Thu 08 Jul 2010 1:28 pm

I've seen this many a time. A person with poor education gets into literature that she has no skills how to approach it. She is very interested in it, but there is no coherence, no method, just information upon information. She sees connections between these information because she is blind to the difference between them.
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
User avatar
Delodephius
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 10:45 pm
Location: Сербія, Войводина

Re: Manna

Postby falasha » Thu 08 Jul 2010 4:10 pm

dtp883 wrote:That really is not a citation.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am; I don't think any major Ancient Egyptian Settlements (or any at all?) were near enough a body of water to see the sun rise from or set in it. To the East the closest point of the Nile is ~80 miles from the Red Sea. To the West is many times that until the Atlantic Ocean. None of them saw the sun set into the water, only the sand.

Just a side note, I was taught that Amun/Ra/Horus sailed through the sky on his boat, during the day, much like Apollo and Helios; during the night, he went through the Underworld. When we have Ra, it was night in the Underworld, and when we had night, the Underworld had day.

No offence, but I find your post really incoherent. You start off about a god name Oannes, which, according to Google, is Babylonian. Then you jump into a, in my opinion, incorrect, description of the Egyptian after life. You then have one line about a god called Oa/Eau/Ea that, as far as I can tell, is not Egyptian, Babylonian, or Canaanite. Then you move right into the Israelites's God and connect Ea with YWHW. Then Dove's Dung is somehow a commandment from God (which one at this point, I have no clue) and therefore is connected to DBR, commandment. Then you eat dove poop. I'm sorry, I just don't understand the logic.

FYI, linguists worry more about what comes out of mouths, not what goes into them.


I realize linguists worry more about the words and not the symbols they represent. However, if they were to consider the symbology behind the words perhaps they would have figured out long ago that dove dung was chick peas. They could have factored in the information that Roman armies were fueled by chick peas and that they are available in every souk in Middle East. But since they don't worry about what goes INTO their mouths, they end up with rediculous concepts like bug shit.
falasha
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon 07 Jun 2010 12:08 pm

Re: Manna

Postby falasha » Thu 08 Jul 2010 4:15 pm

Delodephius wrote:I've seen this many a time. A person with poor education gets into literature that she has no skills how to approach it. She is very interested in it, but there is no coherence, no method, just information upon information. She sees connections between these information because she is blind to the difference between them.

You are very rude!

I have seen this many times. A person with an expensive education paid by daddy. Unfortunately, you have a lot of information but zero understanding.
falasha
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon 07 Jun 2010 12:08 pm

Next

Return to Extinct languages

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests