Intro. to Hulliga course 1.

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Intro. to Hulliga course 1.

Postby shreypete » Tue 06 Jul 2010 7:23 pm

Hello to all,
For those of you who don't know me, I posted a course on Nezemeş some time back but apparently it was quite hard for some people (as the grammar was more Turkic/Persian-based. So I've decided to work on a language that will mostly use Germanic- and Romantic-dervied vocabulary.

So here's the first lesson.

Hello - Heji (pronounced hi-e)
How are you? Hu ir du? (pronounced hui du)
Great, thanks - Grüet! Mers. (khhrue, mers.)

What is your name? - Vat ir uw/je nom? (Vawt ir-u/ye nom)
My name is.... - Min nom ir....
Where are you from? - Verfrün kommer je? (ver-fruun kommer ye)
I'm from/I come from... - Jej kommer ut...

Where are you going? - Vär ir uw/je gaan? (vayr- iru khaan)
Me? home of course? - Mej? Dom Natürje (miye? dom natuurye)
I would like to invite you to a party at my place tomorrow - Jej mötte envetijerar uw/je at min dom mörije fer paartee. (Jiye mötte envetiyerar-u/je at min dom möriye fer paartee)
Oh, great, I would love to come to your place - O, grüet! Jej liette kommer at dej (o khrue, jiy litte kommer at dej - literally, I would love to come "at/to" yours)

Ok, see you tomorrow then - ok, rewk, saje dej möriye! (literally "ok, then, see you tomorrow)
Bye - Hüvas! (hew-vas)

I - Jej (yiy)
You - Uw/je (u/ye)
He/she/it - heij/zeij/tis (hiy/ziy/tis)
We - weij (viy)
You all - Jewl (yewl/you'll)
They - Den (den)

Hoppa jewl maak dit les!
(I hope you like this lesson!)

In past, hoppa jewl maakte dit les! (hope you liked this lesson!)
shreypete

Re: Intro. to Hulliga course 1.

Postby Rhamos Vhailejh » Wed 07 Jul 2010 5:41 am

Kinda' reminds me of my Nåðykk project; designed to be easier to learn for westerners. It's even got a couple of the same words, it would seem.
~ Rhamos Vhailejh
Antellieksijim arrvvi'keödetval kyrrhessö'ällkunnön. Tuntooi'åhešška hänessa'etevåmus. Suuluejj køramiienjim tyysyvöl'työjennön.
Projects: Old Dwojin (discontinued), Modern Duojjin, Pзhowз, Elemental, and an unnamed conlang (hiatus)
Rhamos Vhailejh

Postby shreypete » Wed 07 Jul 2010 7:03 pm

Interesting, I see you've used a few characters from Swedish, and Icelandic. Is your language based on these languages? I can see some Finnish correlation too.

Hulliga (Hew-liga) is actually based off on Swedish/Norwegian, Dutch/Frisian, a bit of French/Spanish and English.

The language I created before was a bit complicated as it was agglutinative in nature. I'll try put this sentence in Nezemeş just for the sake of it:

Beşe gözeş çeştansim töşe möşkülda var şerdekibence sörcekücüneridikelarzin cevin var: (E.g.)
Adamlerisizindünyadaküzmenönsağoldasençemezkelmılarışegödneruzunsadeklerivar! :)

I think the syntax might have been the major reason why people felt it was too hard to speak (creating a sentence is just like a puzzle, with the subject-object-verb construction.)
shreypete

Postby Rhamos Vhailejh » Wed 07 Jul 2010 11:20 pm

Interesting, I see you've used a few characters from Swedish, and Icelandic. Is your language based on these languages? I can see some Finnish correlation too.

If you are referring to the language in my signature or something, that is not the Nåðykk project to which I had referenced. The language in my signature is Duojjin (Modern Duojjin to be specific). It's an agglutinative language like Nezemeş that most people seem to find impossible. It has 28 noun cases so far (which can be applied to any kind of word, not just nouns), it has a flexible object-subject-verb sentence order, and its phonology is based off of Finnish with a spin of my imagination. Duojjin and Nåðykk are my two most completed projects, each one at more or less the same level of completion as the other. However, while Duojjin may be agglutinative, I am yet to discover a word within it that is anywhere *NEAR* as long as Adamlerisizindünyadaküzmenönsağoldasençemezkelmılarışegödneruzunsadeklerivar. The longest word I've come across so far within Duojjin is pälläkeivaheisessaešška, which means 'by the aggressors.'

My Nåðykk project is based off of English, Norwegian, Old Norse, German, Swedish, Danish and Hungarian, with a smidgen of French and Duojjin influence in there too. I think it only needs a couple hundred more words and then it'll be all but finished. It also doesn't look ANYTHING like Duojjin. lol.

This is what Nåðykk looks like:

Kai den wllø vålig yk vas eigat ʃien leng jl den par votyr. Jl hveil ymyʃyr migrat fœm den äst, hävyr fyndøt en slät i den vor van Ʃinar jl seitigt tar. Jl hävyr sjefrat til ʃet, "Jakar, una miþyr kräeiar muiyr, jl flåm detyr bwvlø." Jl hävyr yk vas eigat mui yfø ʃtein, jl bitwmen yfø møtl.

(it's just the first three lines from The Tower of Babel, it's the first text I could find. lol)
So yeah, I dunno' about you, but I think they look similar (Hulliga and Nåðykk, that is). I can't really say if they *sound* similar, but they certainly look so.
~ Rhamos Vhailejh
Antellieksijim arrvvi'keödetval kyrrhessö'ällkunnön. Tuntooi'åhešška hänessa'etevåmus. Suuluejj køramiienjim tyysyvöl'työjennön.
Projects: Old Dwojin (discontinued), Modern Duojjin, Pзhowз, Elemental, and an unnamed conlang (hiatus)
Rhamos Vhailejh

Postby shreypete » Thu 08 Jul 2010 6:47 pm

Interesting. It looks like one of the Breton languages or a hybrid between Cornish and Welsh. I'm sure the pronunciation is quite hard. Yes, it might look similar to Hulliga. Technically, I should write it Hewligga but the "u" is pronounced like the Dutch/French "u" (or Finnish "y"). Oh well, this also means I have to change Jewl to Jull to keep it consistent.

Adamlerisizindünyadaküzmenönsağoldasençemezkelmılarışegödneruzunsadeklerivar just means "global constitutional injustice against socioeconomic disparity and affirmative action".

To be fair, I'm sure the chances of people using "Adamlerisizindünyadaküzmenönsağoldasençemezkelmılarışegödneruzunsadeklerivar" in real life would be quite rare, unless they were to get into politics or become a human rights lawyer.
shreypete

Return to Conlangery