What are you?

The place for chat about anything not related to language.

What are you?

Herbivore/Vegan
No votes
Herbivore/Vegetarian
27%
Omnivore
73%
Carnivore
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: What are you?

Postby telal » Fri 18 Jun 2010 12:52 pm

dtp883 wrote:Don't forget, if his mom converted before he was born, he won't have to.

yeah, and if you stand on one leg while holding three coins between your left forefinger and right thigh you'll inherit the third moon of Jupiter and pass into the afterlife without having to worry about rashes...

silly
לא משנה
telal

Postby ILuvEire » Fri 18 Jun 2010 8:24 pm

It's...confusing. I'm recognized as Jewish by pretty much everyone (I mean, at the insistence of my grandma I had a bris after I was born) except for the strictest Orthodox rabbis. I mean, the synagogue we've been going to recognizes me as a convert, and my mom has converted as well. Someday I'd like to complete a formal conversion to sate my Orthodox grandma, but for now I'm very content to go to my Conservative synagogue.

EDIT: While I'm also thinking about it, my dad is an ass, I don't talk to him, and he converted to Baptism recently. So the "Jewish" father isn't even the one I observe shabbat with, it's my father's mother and my mother.
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby formiko » Tue 29 Jun 2010 9:11 am

My oh my. Jesus Christ CAME for the Jews! He got rid of all the dietary laws! They only existed to make a pure race for the Messiah. His burden is light indeed!
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
formiko

Postby Yaziq » Tue 29 Jun 2010 7:33 pm

Considering what's happening in the Gulf of Mexico, the dietary laws make perfect sense. We should be willing to do without shrimp for a while. I hear that shrimp imported from Asia are raised in an environment that is polluted with sewage. Leviticus and Deuteronomy should not be thought of as burdens. But the Noahide laws make me wonder.
Yaziq

Postby ILuvEire » Wed 30 Jun 2010 1:52 am

formiko wrote:My oh my. Jesus Christ CAME for the Jews! He got rid of all the dietary laws! They only existed to make a pure race for the Messiah. His burden is light indeed!

That's interesting, when moshiach comes, let me know. I'd like to have some shellfish.
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby dtp883 » Wed 30 Jun 2010 1:59 am

telal wrote:
dtp883 wrote:Don't forget, if his mom converted before he was born, he won't have to.

yeah, and if you stand on one leg while holding three coins between your left forefinger and right thigh you'll inherit the third moon of Jupiter and pass into the afterlife without having to worry about rashes...

silly

Regardless of what you believe in, it is incredibly offensive and inappropriate to mock a culture's beliefs and path of spiritual inheritance with such intolerance.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby formiko » Fri 02 Jul 2010 11:37 pm

ILuvEire wrote:That's interesting, when moshiach comes, let me know. I'd like to have some shellfish.

You're about 2,000 years late. Don't you know about Yeshua bar Yoseph?
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
formiko

Postby Talib » Sat 03 Jul 2010 2:01 am

It's mashiach.

Or better yet, māšīaḥ.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Alisbet » Sat 03 Jul 2010 10:53 am

I would be an Omnivore. I just love eating many types of foods.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.
Alisbet

Postby ILuvEire » Mon 05 Jul 2010 1:51 am

Talib wrote:It's mashiach.

Or better yet, māšīaḥ.

Sorry, my bad, most of the stuff I study from has a strong Ashkenazi influence, and they don't pronounce anything correctly :P
ILuvEire

PreviousNext

Return to General chat