ceorzani language

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Re: ceorzani language

Postby linguoboy » Thu 03 Jun 2010 8:07 pm

Alisbet wrote:Well, thanks for the comment anyway, I try to improve it as we speak. Also, about how you pronounced the word ceorzani, that is rather close in my opinion, I would have pronounced it like this: see-oar-ZAN-i.

In that case, how do you say "aorta"? The standard pronunciation is /e:'ɔrtə/, with the same "a" as in "ace" or "apex".

If the sounds of the letter vary according to their position in the word (as they do in English), then you need to explain exactly how.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Alisbet » Fri 04 Jun 2010 8:16 am

linguoboy wrote:
Alisbet wrote:Well, thanks for the comment anyway, I try to improve it as we speak. Also, about how you pronounced the word ceorzani, that is rather close in my opinion, I would have pronounced it like this: see-oar-ZAN-i.

In that case, how do you say "aorta"? The standard pronunciation is /e:'ɔrtə/, with the same "a" as in "ace" or "apex".

If the sounds of the letter vary according to their position in the word (as they do in English), then you need to explain exactly how.

I actually haven't though about that, I will try to think about this. And again, thanks for commenting, your feedbacks can and will help to improve this language.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.
Alisbet

Postby Alisbet » Sun 27 Mar 2011 8:13 pm

Well, this language has evolved a lot since it's conception. For example, all of the letters are now in. Here is a traditional Ceorza folk song that is sung in family meetings and the like. Try and spot some patterns in this language and especially this song.

Drakia elda, vie ji'latar.

Drecha por, vie ji'latar

trice ceyhan eid fajor,

vie ji'latar.

Shawot dra, shawot dra,

Tingra tei, eid vie ji'latar.

Enare sie, iuventia dai,

vie almare, eid vie firoce.
Alisbet

Postby Alisbet » Thu 15 Sep 2011 2:22 pm

Just a note, instead of ling d'a ceorza, this language is officially from now on known as ceorzai. Here a couple of basic vocabularies of this language. There are two known forms of the language, ancient and modern. The words in here are mainly in the modern language although certain words also have their ancient forms in common use. The ancient forms are denoted by brackets.

Vocabulary part 1:

sinue: you

vie: we

sadum: port

vedala: car, chariot

Poide [fajor]: son

dotae [ceyhan]: daughter

tinda [na'dee]: hour

dakar: minute

sice: second

paike [nafi]: day

tirisant: elder

isakune: first month

kaikune: second month

komakune: fourth month

trakune: fourth month

visakune: fifth month

secakune: sixth month

demakune: seventh month

kasekune: eight month

sydekune: ninth month

vaikikune: tenth month

taledo: house

kaipu: marketplace

manete: temple
Alisbet

Postby Alisbet » Sun 18 Sep 2011 8:42 am

ceorza culture and history: The ceorza culture has traditionally centred on a small village community headed by an elder (tirisant) that the common people has to respect at all costs. Below the elder were the 4 ministers (kaitu) who was in charge of the day to day running of the community and to make public proclamations on behalf of the elder. In the distant past, the ceorzas and the Ku'mori once lived in close contact with each other until the event known as the ten-year war that permanently ended this friendship. The language spoken in that period branched off to the ancient ceorza dialect and the language of the Ku'mori. This also might explain the subtle similarities of the two languages.

When the ceorza's home planet was found by the humans as part of their Synergic Jump Drive experiments, they were surprised that the ceorza were living in relatively modern cities, including the port city of nadia and sanke, the capital of the ceorza nation. They even had a version of a democratic government. Possible cause of this might be their southern neighbours the Bretis.

When the humans arrived, the ceorzas were initially reluctant to accept these visitors but came to soon making friendly contact with them. There were some resistance factions with the intended goal to force the humans that they saw as invaders out of their nation. One can still find traditional village communities whose mission is to preserve the ceorza heritage and culture.

Vocabulary part 2:

karei: mother

iseda [kaiture]: father

andara: flower

ritu: star

vaike [faro]: sun

karka: street

pira: book

kera: water

tapo: map

intira: the name ceorza use to refer to their planet

makite: the cane of a minister, now used as a popular euphemism for punishment

kaitu: minister

siri: dream

keravedi: ship
Alisbet

Postby Alisbet » Sun 18 Sep 2011 11:11 am

The ceorzas also nowadays has their tails cut at the age of 4 although some conservative ceorza sociteties like the aforementioned village communities chooses to retain their tails.
Alisbet

Previous

Return to Conlangery