My conlangs: Tikolmian, Fooblian and Sylvanian

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Re: My conlangs: Tikolmian, Fooblian and Sylvanian

Postby linguoboy » Thu 13 May 2010 9:11 pm

Tikolm wrote:Okay, I have a few last things to say to you. After this, I'm done trying to talk to you.

Ah, you won't even let me get the last word in? How uncharitable! Where's the Golden Rule this time?

Tikolm wrote:When you say something to me, I think back to what I said and wonder if it is wrong. Believe me, I do.

I do believe you. That's the saddest part of the whole affair: You look back at what you say, and you honestly can't see all the inconsistencies, false assumptions, logical fallacies, and glaring ironies.

[Go ahead, now, take your final swipe. I won't punch back.]
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Tikolm » Thu 13 May 2010 9:49 pm

Here's a little bit about Fooblian and Sylvanian.

Fooblian is a codelang. All my codelangs have codes where all the vowels translate as vowels and all the consonants translate as consonants. I think I already mentioned this. I came up with the code for Fooblian by encoding "a" as the first vowel on the keyboard (e), "b" as the first consonant on the keyboard (q), "c" as the second consonant on the keyboard (w), etc. I used this code on English to create Fooblian. Here are some verb forms in Fooblian.

infinitive: -ic ("to" encoded and then turned around)
present tense: -ex
past tense: -yr
The future tense is done with an auxiliary verb (bugic) as it is in Tikolmian.

Sylvanian used to be based on Germanic, but I decided to base it on Latin and Greek instead. I have some words for it, but I haven't got a lot of grammar. The infinitive, I think, is -ot. The plural ending is -i. I'll post a vocabulary list for it sometime.
Native: English
Fluent: français
Basic: Cymraeg
Really basic: Español, lingua latīna
Conlangs (current): tikolmil, llyffws, Arliks, dilir
(Website is at http://risteq.net/ if you ever want to visit. It's supposed to be in 4 languages.)
Tikolm

Postby Kloiten » Wed 19 May 2010 4:56 am

Tikolm, I think you need to chill. linguoboy is the Simon of Omniglot. People don't get angry at Simon for criticizing them; on the contrary, many like him for the precise reason that he's so harsh yet constructive. I believe that, like Simon, linguoboy is simply testing the conlanger when criticizing their conlangs.

On the topic of "constructive or not", linguoboy doubtlessly knows much more than many of us Omniglites about linguistics, having so many years of experience. I think we can trust any kind of criticism that he (linguoboy is male, I presume) outputs.

By the way, even if you think that criticism you receive sucks and should die in a hole, you should still consider it because there is always a grain of truth behind every negative emotion.

I am afearèd of the fact that you could bite my head off if I started asking questions, but know that I am really interested in the languages you have mentioned and am, as a matter of fact, quite neutral in your row with linguoboy. So good luck!
Fluent: English, русский язык
Proficient: français, 日本語
Beginning: suomi, davvisámegiella, 中文 (普通話), norsk, cymraeg
Kloiten

Postby linguoboy » Wed 19 May 2010 2:07 pm

Kloiten wrote:linguoboy is the Simon of Omniglot.

No, Simon is the Simon of Omniglot. My goal is just to be the Mayatec.

And you don't need to worry about our row, it's all settled now. Tikolm sent me a message saying he might be sorry for reacting badly and is willing to forgive me if I'll just admit I made all the mistakes. So there you go, who could reject an offer like that?

Now, getting back to constructive criticism, *"die Deutsch"? I wouldn't use an article here, but if you wanted to, it would have to be das (neuter). "Die deutsche Sprache" would be acceptable, however, since Sprache is a feminine noun.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Tikolm » Thu 20 May 2010 3:17 am

Let's stop talking about our "row". It's all over now and I'm not going to talk to linguoboy anymore when he yells at me. I don't need to chill, I just need to keep myself out of the black hole of online arguments. I will admit that he is an expert on languages, but I somehow provoked him and he started blindly attacking almost everything I said and that's why I seemed not to give him any credit. I was sincerely sorry for taking the comments maybe a little too hard. linguoboy is the one who needs to apologize now, not me - let's get this straight.

Also, linguoboy seems to have come up with the idea that I am male out of thin air. I have never said what my sex is and there is no reason to call me a guy.
(Website is at http://risteq.net/ if you ever want to visit. It's supposed to be in 4 languages.)
Tikolm

Postby Kloiten » Thu 20 May 2010 4:57 am

There I go again, getting into people's rows when I shouldn't, and salting even more scratches on my way. I'll be going now.
Kloiten

Postby Cthulhu » Thu 20 May 2010 5:07 am

Why can't wee be friends?
Why can't weee be frieends?
Native: English (US)
Fluent: Français
Learning: русский язык
Hope to learn: Magyar, Tatar

Conlang projects: Aħkvm, upcoming unnamed project.
Cthulhu

Postby Kloiten » Thu 20 May 2010 6:09 am

Cthulhu wrote:Why can't wee be friends?
Why can't weee be frieends?

I don't wanna be friends! I don't wanna be friends! - Gaga
It's not the right context, but it's awesome anyway.
Kloiten

Postby Tikolm » Thu 24 May 2012 4:30 pm

Wow, is this ever an old thread. I think the forums were down a while. Anyway, in case anyone cares (which I highly doubt, no offense) I'm changing the Tikolmian number system up a bit. I forget whether it was supposed to be base 13 or base 11. In any case, whenever I dig it up it'll be here. Feel free to comment. I won't bite your head off this time, promise.
Tikolm

Postby Tikolm » Fri 01 Jun 2012 4:02 pm

Hmm, the threads are getting looked at but nobody's interested enough to post.
Let's see, how's the new number system in Tikolmian go? Here's an attempt:
1 - iso
2 - mik
3 - zekoo (character palette isn't working)
4 - tiek
5 - tab
6 - lad
7 - lobok
8 - can't remember how I worked out the encoding
9 - sas
10 (a) - mos
11 (10) - isoma
12 (11) - isoma iso
...and so on...until we get to 121 (100) and I can't remember how it goes after that. I hope this makes somebody happy. I'll try to find out what eight is and if we're using base 11 or base 13.
Tikolm

PreviousNext

Return to Conlangery