Dead constructed language(s)?

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Dead constructed language(s)?

Postby JANKO GORENC » Mon 13 Jul 2009 6:13 pm

Hi again,

Please you tell me if your which language maybe do not exists any more, or are dead languages (extinct), or are change their name.
I changed this and marked dead all languages with mark “†” in my web site on:
http://janko.gorenc.googlepages.com/con ... _languages
I work with those conlangs which they not exists any more, or are dead languages (extinct) similary as natlangs extinct.<
I collecting numbers also from those languages maybe do not exists any more, or are dead languages (extinct),
If you remember they numbers. Please send me their numbers.

Thank you!

Janko Gorenc
http://janko.gorenc.googlepages.com/home
JANKO GORENC

Re: Dead constructed language(s)?

Postby Tikolm » Sat 08 May 2010 9:00 pm

Sylvestrian, Redound Fooblian, Snargle, Renyguvaev and Vipdix are not being worked on anymore. I forget what Sylvestrian was - I think it was kind of like Sylvanian (some version of it, anyway). Redound Fooblian was a dialect of Fooblian and I got rid of it. Snargle was my first conlang and I made it up by typing random combinations of letters on the keyboard - that's how it got its name. I still remember a few words, such as "marchioness" (eigýdna). Renyguvaev was kind of based on Macedonian and was written, basically, in IPA. Vipdix was an interpretation of Viozian, the conlang that inspired Tikolmian.
Native: English
Fluent: français
Basic: Cymraeg
Really basic: Español, lingua latīna
Conlangs (current): tikolmil, llyffws, Arliks, dilir
(Website is at http://risteq.net/ if you ever want to visit. It's supposed to be in 4 languages.)
Tikolm

Postby Tikolm » Sat 08 May 2010 11:31 pm

Sorry, I forgot. I had another conlang, a romlang. It was based on French. I stopped working on it. I may post some numbers from my dead languages sometime.
(Website is at http://risteq.net/ if you ever want to visit. It's supposed to be in 4 languages.)
Tikolm

Postby kyonides » Thu 13 May 2010 8:26 am

And besides collecting info about those dead natlangs and conlangs, what do you do with them? Are you working on a story? Are you trying to simulate that they are revived by some conpeople in some conworld?
The Internet might be either your best friend or your worst enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.
kyonides

Postby JANKO GORENC » Mon 17 May 2010 4:25 pm

kyonides wrote:And besides collecting info about those dead natlangs and conlangs, what do you do with them? Are you working on a story? Are you trying to simulate that they are revived by some conpeople in some conworld?

In majority conlangs which marked them for extinct, I made this for those conlangs, which they aren't used any more.
Many people asked me in past that remove their conlang(s) from my collection, and web page Constructed Languages on: http://sites.google.com/site/jankogoren ... _languages.
However found if I would be delete those conlangs constantly, which any more aren't using any more would be my collection constantly decreased.

I decided so, that them similarly as for extinct natural languages and I keep their numbers within my collection of numbers and mark as if died, or that aren't using any more on web page Constructed Languages.

This I made only for tally so far.

I hope that you understood my answer.

Thank you for your interest!

Janko Gorenc
JANKO GORENC

Postby IJzeren Jan » Thu 18 Nov 2010 2:09 am

Hello Janko! Long time...

I have actually been wondering about this: when do you call a language a "language"? During my teens, I've created several conlangs, but to tell you the truth, they weren't much more than the number 1-10. At present, I wouldn't call them "conlangs", because they were really nothing more than very basic sketches.

And what do you mean by "dead"? I haven't actively worked on Wenedyk for over two years now, but does that make it dead? I wouldn't think so. I would just say that it with a fairly complete grammar, a dictionary of some 4000 words and a rather considerable text corpus, it is big enough for what it was meant to become. I might add some text in it every now and then, but I basically consider it finished.

Here is my own small collection of numbers in various Slavic nat-, art- and auxlangs: KLIK! I'm sure you'll find something new. If you have Slavic numbers that are missing, then I would appreciate it muchly if you'd send them to me.

Cheers,
Jan
IJzeren Jan

Postby JANKO GORENC » Fri 19 Nov 2010 5:51 pm

IJzeren Jan wrote:Hello Janko! Long time...

I have actually been wondering about this: when do you call a language a "language"? During my teens, I've created several conlangs, but to tell you the truth, they weren't much more than the number 1-10. At present, I wouldn't call them "conlangs", because they were really nothing more than very basic sketches.

And what do you mean by "dead"? I haven't actively worked on Wenedyk for over two years now, but does that make it dead? I wouldn't think so. I would just say that it with a fairly complete grammar, a dictionary of some 4000 words and a rather considerable text corpus, it is big enough for what it was meant to become. I might add some text in it every now and then, but I basically consider it finished.

Here is my own small collection of numbers in various Slavic nat-, art- and auxlangs: KLIK! I'm sure you'll find something new. If you have Slavic numbers that are missing, then I would appreciate it muchly if you'd send them to me.

Cheers,
Jan

Hi,
Thank you for your message.
I would like to tell what I meant when I said in this thread to have in my collection marked some extinct conlangs
Perhaps I wrongly called, ie all those languages that are created by conlangers which they create some conlang in the future, and now they never used either in its files.

Thanks for the link sent to the numbers in several Slavic languages.

I wish you a lot of success at your work!
JANKO GORENC

Postby Tikolm » Wed 13 Jun 2012 12:39 pm

I'm back again.
The "extinct romlang" is alive and well. I worked on the vocabulary, tenses and number system yesterday. Its name is Conilan and it's going to have its own thread soon.
Tikolm

Postby Elijah » Thu 28 Jun 2012 3:43 am

The Giant language I worked on for my brother. Very simple stuff. I based it on various Austronesian things.
Native: American English
Learning: Mandarin, Burmese, Japanese
Want to learn: Cantonese, ASL, Basque?
Elijah

Postby JANKO GORENC » Thu 28 Jun 2012 5:03 pm

Elijah wrote:The Giant language I worked on for my brother. Very simple stuff. I based it on various Austronesian things.

Thanks for the tip. I would first like to say that I have more in their language called Giant: Giant (by Flash Dojo), Giant (he Gamins Wiki), so it would be if it was another language Giant, which would be recorded as a Giant (by Elijah) . If I look at my website: Constructed Languages​​:
https://sites.google.com/site/jankogore ... _languages
You will notice that I have multiple languages ​​with the same names. For all those who have the same names I particularly marked from whom or where I got the information text. Similarly, the natural language, if you look at my website "Natural Languages​​" you'll notice that I have some language recorded in brackets in which country it is spoken, of course, only for those cases where the same names of two or more languages​​. Please you tell me if you'll data for numbers in Giant, send me your thread on "Numbers from your conlang(s)".

Thank you for your help!

Janko
JANKO GORENC

Return to Conlangery