Kaynur Pitak

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Kaynur Pitak

Postby Kloiten » Sun 11 Apr 2010 11:37 pm

Kaynur Pitak [kainur pid̥ak] (the Kaynur language (pitak) ).

This is one of my more developed and natural conlangs. Most of the words are of a priori origin, but there a some Sámi and Ainu words in there as well. The grammar, inspired by Japanese and Ainu, is obviously analytical; the language relies on several particles to express some cases such as the accusative or the illative, conjunctions in... ahem... conjunction with verbs, and other things that I shall explain later.

The language is descended from a very Sámi-like language. This language, Proto-Kaynur, is a agglutinative tongue with ridiculous (nestkltkleä is an example) consonant clusters which were greatly simplified in Kaynur Pitak into the Ainu-like structure I have today (CV(C)). This proto-language also produced another language, but I haven't developed it yet to show you people yet.

There are three major dialects in the Kaynur Pitak groupː here, I will be covering the most often spoken one, Yospet [joʂˈb̥ɛʔ]. In due time, I shall get the other two developed. Sooner. Or later.

1 Phonology
Kaynur Pitak has quite the minimal alphabet, but a more or less rich phonetic inventory.
kː initially or as a coda, [k]. medially, [g or g̥].
tː initially, [t]. medially, [d or d̥]. as coda, [ʔ].
pː initially or as a coda, [p]. medially, [b or b̥].
sː before [i), before a consonant, or as a coda, [ʂ]. otherwise, [s].
rː before consonants, [l, ɬ, or ʃ]. otherwise, [r].
cː after r, [t]. otherwise, [c] or, more frequently, [͜ts].
yː [j]
wː [ʋ or v]
mː traditionally pronounced [m̥m], but now simply [m].
nː traditionally pronounced [ŋ̥n], but now simply [n]. Noteː the consonant cluster nk produces the phone [ŋː].
hː [h]

Vowels are as followsː
aː [a]
eː [ɛ]
iː [i)
oː [o]
uː [u]

The digraphs ay, ey, oi, uy form diphthongs [ai, ɛi, oi, ui] respectively. The digraphs aw, iw, ow from diphthongs [aʊ, iʊ, oʊ] respectively.

Stress falls on the first syllable, but when the word ends in a t the stress falls on the last syllable.

All consonants aside from c, h can geminate.
kkː [kː]
ttː [tː]
ppː [pː]
ssː [sː]
rrː [rː]
yyː [jː]
wwː [vː]
mmː [m̥m]
nnː [ŋ̥n]

Next time, tune in forː
Sentence Structure and some Vocabularyǃ
Fluent: English, русский язык