Dansk!

The place to use Languages other than English (LOTE) to discuss whatever you like.

Dansk!

Postby Jayan » Wed 22 Apr 2009 2:15 am

Hej hej! Er der nogen som vil gerne lære det danske sprog med mig? Det er et meget interesserende sprog med en dejlig kultur og mange velige mennesker (som mig :lol: ) som lærer/taler det. Er dansk modersmålet af nogen? Hvis så, jeg vil meget gerne have nogen hjælpe med at forbedre til mit dansk!

Hi hi! Is ther anyone who would like to learn the Danish language with me? It is a very interesting language with a delightful culter and mange friendly people (like me :lol: ) who learn/speak it. Is Danish the mother-tongue of anyone? If so, I would very much like to have some help with improving my Danish!
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Re: Dansk!

Postby Sean of the Dead » Wed 22 Apr 2009 2:46 am

Dansk er fin, men jeg elsker norsk mer, fordi det har tonem, og familien min er fra Norge. (:

Danish is cool, but I love Norwegian, because it has pitch-accent, and my family is from Norway. (:

It would be cool to learn, but I doubt I ever would, since the 2 are so close to each other (I understood all but 2 words, "dejlig" and "velige", and I've only been learning Norwegian since last December), and because Danish's orthography is horribly non-phonetic. :oops:
Sean of the Dead

Postby Epp » Wed 22 Apr 2009 9:59 am

I'm not Danish, but Norwegian. Since the two languages are very similar (if I put a potato in my throat while speaking Norwegian, it would be Danish, lol), I can correct some of your mistakes.
Jayan wrote:Hej hej! Er der nogen som gerne vil lære det danske sprog med mig? Det er et meget interessant sprog med en dejlig kultur og mange venlige mennesker (som mig :lol: ) som lærer/taler det. Er dansk modersmålet til nogen? I så fald, vil jeg meget gerne have hjælp med at forbedre (til) min dansk!

Hi hi! Is ther anyone who would like to learn the Danish language with me? It is a very interesting language with a delightful culter and mange friendly people (like me :lol: ) who learn/speak it. Is Danish the mother-tongue of anyone? If so, I would very much like to have some help with improving my Danish!

A few too direct translations, but that comes with practice ;)

In dependent clauses, the conjugated/main verb moves to the beginning of the sentence. This is a very common mistake.
E.g.
[Hvis] + [dansk er modersmålet til nogen] + [jeg vil meget gerne have hjælp med min dansk]
=
Hvis dansk er modersmålet til nogen, vil jeg meget gerne have hjælp med min dansk.

Sean of the Dead wrote:Dansk er fint

Apologies if I accidentally spelled any words the Norwegian way :oops:
But, but; it's not only-only, you know!
Epp

Postby Jayan » Wed 22 Apr 2009 1:13 pm

Epp wrote:I'm not Danish, but Norwegian. Since the two languages are very similar (if I put a potato in my throat while speaking Norwegian, it would be Danish, lol), I can correct some of your mistakes.
Jayan wrote:Hej hej! Er der nogen som gerne vil lære det danske sprog med mig? Det er et meget interessant sprog med en dejlig kultur og mange venlige mennesker (som mig :lol: ) som lærer/taler det. Er dansk modersmålet til nogen? I så fald, vil jeg meget gerne have hjælp med at forbedre (til) min dansk!

A few too direct translations, but that comes with practice ;)

In dependent clauses, the conjugated/main verb moves to the beginning of the sentence. This is a very common mistake.
E.g.
[Hvis] + [dansk er modersmålet til nogen] + [jeg vil meget gerne have hjælp med min dansk]
=
Hvis dansk er modersmålet til nogen, vil jeg meget gerne have hjælp med min dansk.

Sean of the Dead wrote:Dansk er fint

Apologies if I accidentally spelled any words the Norwegian way :oops:

Tusind tak! (no, Norwegian speakers, I am not saying "roof" :roll: ). Jeg kan aldrig huske at placere verbet (?) til sidste... :?

I find that Danish pronunciation is a fun challenge. That and it gives lots of laughs. :lol: Oh, and pardon my Dano-centric view, but I think it would be correct to say that Norwegian (Bokmål at least) comes from Danish due to the Union of Kalmar...
Jayan

Postby Epp » Wed 22 Apr 2009 7:24 pm

Yeah, you're right. Bokmål is Norwegianized Danish, and Nynorsk is based on (mostly West-) Norwegian dialects. After Norway was declared independent, the Norwegians wanted to have their own language, but they couldn't decide on which of the two (at that time called Riksmål and Landsmål, respectively) to use - and they (we) are still fighting about it! Looks like Bokmål is going to win, though :roll:
Epp

Postby ILuvEire » Thu 30 Apr 2009 8:42 am

What resources are you using to learn Danish?
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Jayan » Thu 30 Apr 2009 1:10 pm

ILuvEire wrote:What resources are you using to learn Danish?

I'm using the Teach Yourself book for Danish, the Routledge Danish Grammar, correspondence with native speakers, and hopefully some more books that one of my Danish friends will be bringing over from Denmark soon.

You interested in learning?
Jayan

Postby rickardspaghetti » Thu 30 Apr 2009 4:29 pm

Danmark är ett väldigt fint land, men det danska språket är för krångligt för mig i dess uttal. Tyvärr! :oops:
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti

Postby Jayan » Thu 30 Apr 2009 4:34 pm

rickardspaghetti wrote:Danmark är ett väldigt fint land, men det danska språket är för krångligt för mig i dess uttal. Tyvärr! :oops:

Hvis jeg forstår dig rigtigt, kan du ikke lide det danske sprogs udtale. Det er meget svært :( :? Men ikke, synes jeg, så svært som svensk. ;) Lad hver synes hvad han vil... Hvad betyder 'Tyvärr'?
Jayan

Postby Epp » Thu 30 Apr 2009 5:37 pm

"Tyvärr" betyder "desværre" på dansk
and "unfortunately" in English ;)
Epp

Next