Hello / שלום / ¡Hola / Salut!

The place to introduce yourselves.

Hello / שלום / ¡Hola / Salut!

Postby dtp883 » Tue 28 Apr 2009 11:55 pm

Hey all,
It's Danny. I was on the Old Forum near the end. I have the same name, but half the returnees changed their names and I'm confused :( .

I'm currently learning Spanish through High School. I excel in the class because I read about grammar online (ex. spanish.about.com), and my general interest in language.

I'm also learning French with Rosetta Stone which I borrowed from my neighbor. I have all three levels and I'll see how that works out. I changed this language from Hebrew and feel a little overwhelmed with all the resources I have. (Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, French in Action, etc.)

I'm not working too hard on Hebrew right now, I don't know if and when I will continue.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Re: Hello / שלום / ¡Hola / Salut!

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 29 Apr 2009 7:14 pm

dtp883 wrote:Hey all,
It's Danny. I was on the Old Forum near the end. I have the same name, but half the returnees changed their names and I'm confused :( .

I'm currently learning Spanish through High School. I excel in the class because I read about grammar online (ex. spanish.about.com), and my general interest in language.

I'm also learning French with Rosetta Stone which I borrowed from my neighbor. I have all three levels and I'll see how that works out. I changed this language from Hebrew and feel a little overwhelmed with all the resources I have. (Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, French in Action, etc.)

I'm not working too hard on Hebrew right now, I don't know if and when I will continue.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Welcome to the new Omniglot forum!
A lot of people have very negative opinions about Rosetta Stone so I think it may be a good idea to skip it.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby ILuvEire » Thu 30 Apr 2009 5:08 am

It's alright, I kept my name the same, and I remember yours!

I do really well in German because of Unilang and Omniglot, I learn a lot on here!
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby dtp883 » Thu 30 Apr 2009 7:09 am

Oh yes, Omniglot and Unilang help lots. Neqitan especially.

So far Rosetta Stone© has been working fine for me. But Idk yet I'm only 1/12 finished with the course thing.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Return to Introductions