Show your Handwriting/Calligraphy!

The place to discuss alphabets and other writing systems.

Re: To: Serali

Postby Talib » Wed 25 Nov 2009 10:19 pm

VROOR wrote:I sigh, when I learnt this language I never actually counted the numbers of characters. I am sure the Americans and English do not count the number of words in English when they learnt the English language. Nevertheless, I can start to count the entire vocabulary of this language and, when I am done (hopefully) I will inform you of the number.
Well, then how can you claim it has three times as many characters as Chinese?
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Serali » Thu 26 Nov 2009 12:15 am

VROOR wrote:I sigh, when I learnt this language I never actually counted the numbers of characters. I am sure the Americans and English do not count the number of words in English when they learnt the English language. Nevertheless, I can start to count the entire vocabulary of this language and, when I am done (hopefully) I will inform you of the number.

LOL!

No, no I meant it differently. I meant has the number ( if it's known ) of characters been documented somewhere and that you knew about it.

I didn't actually mean for you to sit down and write out every character there is in the language as that would be impossible I'm sure ( but it would be nice! XD ).

Native Language: English
Languages I'm Interested In: Korean
Favorite Writing Systems: Too many to name

And the boingies will take over the world!

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
Serali

Postby VROOR » Thu 26 Nov 2009 11:56 am

Talib wrote:Well, then how can you claim it has three times as many characters as Chinese?

This language differentiate ideas and actions with words where the Chinese langauge does not. It is pretty obvious for one to quickly realise the vocabulary of this language is much more than the Chinese vocabulary. It is akin to saying if there is a language similar to english yet, it differentiates ideas and actions with words where English does not, we then can safely state the said language possesses more vocabularies than English.

Why do I claim it has three-times more? Besides what I have stated above, this language can express whatever the Chinese language can (and much more clearly), and with a few neologisms (based upon this language's term-word system), even internet and email can be expressed.

Serali wrote:No, no I meant it differently. I meant has the number ( if it's known ) of characters been documented somewhere and that you knew about it.

Nope, no one ever documented this language, least even bothered counting its vocabularies of which, would include its religious and daily as well as neologism words.

Serali wrote:I didn't actually mean for you to sit down and write out every character there is in the language as that would be impossible I'm sure ( but it would be nice! XD ).

I can try.
ImageImage
VROOR

Re: Show your Handwriting/Calligraphy!

Postby Serali » Thu 26 Nov 2009 7:02 pm

That is amazing!

I never thought that the internet or emails could be expressed.

VROOR wrote:I can try

Wishing you luck then. Looking forward to seeing it immensely.

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
Serali

Postby Declan » Thu 26 Nov 2009 11:53 pm

VROOR wrote:It is akin to saying if there is a language similar to english yet, it differentiates ideas and actions with words where English does not, we then can safely state the said language possesses more vocabularies than English.

But you did not say, "more than Chinese", you specifically said, "three-times more than Chinese". That is a very specific statement to make without back-up.
Native: English
Very good: Irish
Reasonable: German, French
Very basic: Latin.
Declan

To: Declan

Postby VROOR » Fri 27 Nov 2009 1:38 pm

Declan wrote:
VROOR wrote:It is akin to saying if there is a language similar to english yet, it differentiates ideas and actions with words where English does not, we then can safely state the said language possesses more vocabularies than English.

But you did not say, "more than Chinese", you specifically said, "three-times more than Chinese". That is a very specific statement to make without back-up.

Made without back-up? I sigh again, did I not say this language differentiates ideas and actions with words where the Chinese language does not? Where in the Chinese language, the word "moon" can mean moon, month and deity of moon; in this language, all these are differentiated by words and pronounciation...and so on. THAT, is three-more-times than Chinese.
ImageImage
VROOR

Re: To: Declan

Postby Declan » Fri 27 Nov 2009 9:09 pm

VROOR wrote:Made without back-up? I sigh again, did I not say this language differentiates ideas and actions with words where the Chinese language does not? Where in the Chinese language, the word "moon" can mean moon, month and deity of moon; in this language, all these are differentiated by words and pronounciation...and so on. THAT, is three-more-times than Chinese.

And what about every other word? Every SINGLE Chinese character has three characters or more in this language? That example helps to show that there is more than Chinese, but not three times more.
Native: English
Very good: Irish
Reasonable: German, French
Very basic: Latin.
Declan

To: Declan

Postby VROOR » Sat 28 Nov 2009 4:26 pm

Declan wrote:And what about every other word?

Yes.

Declan wrote:Every SINGLE Chinese character has three characters or more in this language?

Yes. Where chinese language has a word for man, this language has words (written differently, pronounced differently) for: man, young man, old man, strange man, wounded man, sick man, evil man, good man, married man, single man, lewd man, weak man, man of power, man of wealth, poor man, man of the destiny of fire, man of the destiny of water, man of the destiny of wind, man of the destiny of soil, possessed man, religious man, spiritual man, holy man...etc. And the same goes for the word woman and boy as well as girl.

Declan wrote:That example helps to show that there is more than Chinese, but not three times more.

I have made myself clear in the above response.
ImageImage
VROOR

Re: Show your Handwriting/Calligraphy!

Postby Serali » Sat 28 Nov 2009 10:17 pm

*Reads above response*

That's insane! And you know every character?! :shock:

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
Serali

Re: To: Declan

Postby Sobekhotep » Sun 29 Nov 2009 1:15 am

VROOR wrote:Where chinese language has a word for man, this language has words (written differently, pronounced differently) for: man, young man, old man, strange man, wounded man, sick man, evil man, good man, married man, single man, lewd man, weak man, man of power, man of wealth, poor man, man of the destiny of fire, man of the destiny of water, man of the destiny of wind, man of the destiny of soil, possessed man, religious man, spiritual man, holy man...etc. And the same goes for the word woman and boy as well as girl.

Well, Chinese has words for all of those, too. Did you mean to say that this "language" has separate characters for all of those concepts?
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

PreviousNext

Return to Writing systems