S'mae!

The place to introduce yourselves.

S'mae!

Postby Glas » Tue 28 Apr 2009 6:00 pm

Hey everybody! I was actually on the old forum under the name Daionii but I barely ever posted, so I doubt anybody knows me.

Well my name's Rhian, I'm 18 and I'm Welsh. I'm bilingual Welsh/English and I'm currently doing my A-Levels (exams in a month - aaaggh!). Hopefully next year at university I'll be studying Welsh and Linguistics (or Welsh and Celtic Languages in another uni if I don't get the right grades).
So, obviously, my main interest is Welsh. I would absolutely love to learn Breton and Cornish (and maybe Cumbric if it is ever revived? I don't know how I feel about that anyway). I started to learn a little of both but right now I only know the basics (stupid schoolwork getting in the way of things I would like to learn!). Currently studying the Mabinogi and I absolutely love Middle Welsh, especially with the little knowledge I have on Cornish, it's fascinating!

As for conlangs, since I don't know all that much about linguistics yet, mine have all failed miserably! Hopefully soon I'll be able to really get into it properly :)
Glas

Re: S'mae!

Postby Neqitan » Tue 28 Apr 2009 8:06 pm

Oh yeah, I remember you! :o

Oh, "Glas", it had to be that special color... What was the color about again? I can't remember well, but it was something on the lines of [+blue, +green, +brown, -artificial] or something like that right?
Neqitan

Postby linguoboy » Tue 28 Apr 2009 9:23 pm

Shw mae, Rhian. Shwd mae'r tywydd lle wyt ti?
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Sobekhotep » Tue 28 Apr 2009 10:03 pm

Glas wrote:Hey everybody! I was actually on the old forum under the name Daionii but I barely ever posted, so I doubt anybody knows me.

Well my name's Rhian, I'm 18 and I'm Welsh. I'm bilingual Welsh/English and I'm currently doing my A-Levels (exams in a month - aaaggh!). Hopefully next year at university I'll be studying Welsh and Linguistics (or Welsh and Celtic Languages in another uni if I don't get the right grades).
So, obviously, my main interest is Welsh. I would absolutely love to learn Breton and Cornish (and maybe Cumbric if it is ever revived? I don't know how I feel about that anyway). I started to learn a little of both but right now I only know the basics (stupid schoolwork getting in the way of things I would like to learn!). Currently studying the Mabinogi and I absolutely love Middle Welsh, especially with the little knowledge I have on Cornish, it's fascinating!

As for conlangs, since I don't know all that much about linguistics yet, mine have all failed miserably! Hopefully soon I'll be able to really get into it properly :)

Welcome to the new Omniglot forum!
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Glas » Wed 29 Apr 2009 7:33 am

Neqitan wrote:Oh yeah, I remember you! :o

Oh, "Glas", it had to be that special color... What was the color about again? I can't remember well, but it was something on the lines of [+blue, +green, +brown, -artificial] or something like that right?

You do? Oh myy!
'Glas' means blue, but is also used to refer to the 'green' aspects of nature. I think it's also used to mean young. That's pretty much why I chose it as my username to be honest!

linguoboy wrote:Shw mae, Rhian. Shwd mae'r tywydd lle wyt ti?

Does dim deud sut mae'r tywydd famma! Un diwrnod mae'n heulog, y nesa mae'n stormus! Beth amdanoch chi? :)
Glas

Postby linguoboy » Wed 29 Apr 2009 5:33 pm

Fan 'yn yr un beth. Heddiw mae tywydd Cymreig 'da ni--gwlybyrog, iasoer a glas. Ond wythnos yn ôl oedd y tymheredd yn 80℉! Beth sy'n blodeuo acw?
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Return to Introductions