Yondae'eo 윤데어

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby imbecilica » Sat 21 Nov 2009 9:45 am

Yondae'eo [ 윤데어 ]

Yondae'eo or simply Yondae is a new take on the old conlang I started years ago. The conlang is written in Hangeul and can easily be romanised using a system very close to that of modern Korean. However, since many words are borrowed from Chinese or via Japanese Kanji, a mixed script similar to that of Korean Hanja-Hangeul can be used.

More coming soon...

Sample:

나가 크 오리나 대학창 네? or
나가 去 오리나 大學場 네?
[ Naga keu ori-na daihakchang nae? ]
( Do you go to my university? )
Clicky > My BLOG
imbecilica
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:37 am

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby VROOR » Sat 21 Nov 2009 10:16 am

imbecilica wrote:나가 크 오리나 대학창 네? or
나가 去 오리나 大學場 네?
[ Naga keu ori-na daihakchang nae? ]
( Do you go to my university? )


Is the chang in daihakchang pronounced as jang (with the j as in "just") or chang (with the ch as in "change")? Also, how do we pronounce the words "keu" "nae" and "Yondae"?
Image
ImageImage
User avatar
VROOR
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 13 Aug 2009 6:40 pm
Location: Taiwan (R.O.C)

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby Talib » Sat 21 Nov 2009 7:15 pm

Also, why is the term for university 大學場 when it's just 大學 in Chinese? As I understand it 場 means market.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:22 am
Location: Canada

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby VROOR » Sat 21 Nov 2009 8:02 pm

Talib wrote:Also, why is the term for university 大學場 when it's just 大學 in Chinese? As I understand it 場 means market.


Actually, in Chinese does not mean market, it means place. 市場 is one of the Chinese combo-words for market (keep in-mind that Chinese is a multi-syntax language). Thus, 大學場 is valid which means "place of the greater learnings"; this would also be valid for the Chinese but, such usage never survived into the mordern age.

The Korean and Japanese have kept this usage however, as in 道場 "place of practice" or "place of training".
Image
ImageImage
User avatar
VROOR
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 13 Aug 2009 6:40 pm
Location: Taiwan (R.O.C)

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby Talib » Sat 21 Nov 2009 8:35 pm

VROOR wrote:Actually, in Chinese does not mean market, it means place. 市場 is one of the Chinese combo-words for market (keep in-mind that Chinese is a multi-syntax language). Thus, 大學場 is valid which means "place of the greater learnings"; this would also be valid for the Chinese but, such usage never survived into the mordern age.
Thank you for clarifying. I thought it meant that based on association with 市.
The Korean and Japanese have kept this usage however, as in 道場 "place of practice" or "place of training".
Isn't 道 the same word known in English as Dao/Tao? As in the religion of Daoism?
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:22 am
Location: Canada

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby Neqitan » Sat 21 Nov 2009 9:04 pm

Maybe that <eu> is /ɯ/, and <yon> is /jon/, but yeah Imbecilica, why ㅐfor <ai> /aj/(?)?

If you're following older Korean pronunciation, maybe you would have also kept a diphthong for ㅔinstead of... /æ/(?) (In case that <ae> is an /æ/.)

Other than that, it's very nicely done. It inspires to make some similar conlang, but oh, the work.
User avatar
Neqitan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby Serali » Sun 22 Nov 2009 1:48 am

I love you. :mrgreen:

It's good to see something like this being done. I love Korean.

Also didn't Yondae have another Korean like script? Could you post it again?

Image
Native Language: English
Languages I'm Interested In: Korean
Favorite Writing Systems: Too many to name

And the boingies will take over the world!

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
User avatar
Serali
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun 28 Jun 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby kaenif » Sun 22 Nov 2009 10:14 am

Neqitan wrote:Maybe that <eu> is /ɯ/, and <yon> is /jon/, but yeah Imbecilica, why ㅐfor <ai> /aj/(?)?

If you're following older Korean pronunciation, maybe you would have also kept a diphthong for ㅔinstead of... /æ/(?) (In case that <ae> is an /æ/.)

Other than that, it's very nicely done. It inspires to make some similar conlang, but oh, the work.

Also the 윤 for Yon :?:
Can you recognise this character?
Nope, it's not shāng. It is a 囧 with a hat which 囧ed its chin off!
囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧!
User avatar
kaenif
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:31 am
Location: Hong Kong SAR, People's Republic of China

To: Talib

Postby VROOR » Sun 22 Nov 2009 10:20 am

Talib wrote:Isn't 道 the same word known in English as Dao/Tao? As in the religion of Daoism?


Yes but, Daoism/Taoism is more correctly referred as 道教 (the religion) or 道派 (the philosophy), or as 道學 (the specific taoistic practices).
Image
ImageImage
User avatar
VROOR
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 13 Aug 2009 6:40 pm
Location: Taiwan (R.O.C)

Re: Yondae'eo 윤데어

Postby imbecilica » Sun 22 Nov 2009 7:06 pm

Oops it should be 데어!

Neqitan wrote:Imbecilica, why ㅐfor <ai> /aj/(?)?


I'll try to post up a phonology list soon. The reason why ㅐ is for /aj/ is simply because the phonology of Yondae'eo doesn't match that of Korean's 100% and think about it, if you join ㅏ and ㅣ you get ㅐ (a + i) which is roughly /aj/.
Clicky > My BLOG
imbecilica
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:37 am

Next

Return to Conlangery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron