Your Favourite Conscripts

The place to discuss constructed writing systems (con-scripts)

Re: Your Favourite Conscripts

Postby rickardspaghetti » Sat 17 Oct 2009 8:32 pm

そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti

Postby Serali » Sat 17 Oct 2009 9:28 pm

I like that one too.

I should actually make a list of every pretty scripty I like.......but that would be impossible because it's over 1000 ( no I'm not joking ). :shock:

This isn't including mine though.

Native Language: English
Languages I'm Interested In: Korean
Favorite Writing Systems: Too many to name

And the boingies will take over the world!

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
Serali

Postby Declan » Sun 18 Oct 2009 12:33 am

I really like cursive scripts, both constructed and natural. Of natural scripts, I've recently come to like Kurrent and Suetterlin, but the beautiful scripts of about 100 years ago I still find appealing. http://www.iampeth.com/

Constructed, I think the simplicity of Kapunuan is appealling, naturally the Arabic inspired scripts (I've accidently closed the page, Tchiaar I think it's called), and the continious line scripts like Midlander, and Troitrosking.
Native: English
Very good: Irish
Reasonable: German, French
Very basic: Latin.
Declan

Postby Serali » Sun 18 Oct 2009 6:28 am

Kapunuan and Midlander are also on my list.

I should get around to posting more of the pretty scripties from Omniglot that I love.

But later as it's late here.

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
Serali

Postby gsteemso » Tue 20 Oct 2009 8:08 pm

Serali wrote:I should actually make a list of every pretty scripty I like.......but that would be impossible because it's over 1000 ( no I'm not joking ). :shock:

This isn't including mine though.

The question that arises in my mind is, how many of them are you fluent in? Even 10% of a list that long would be impressive. :¬)

I tend to the opinion that, regardless of how beautiful a given script is, if you can’t scrawl a hasty note in it and still have it look at least presentable, it shouldn’t be on the list of “prettiest” conscripts. For this reason, even though it is very pretty, I can’t include Tengwar among the prettiest. I’d /like/ to cast a second vote for Sarati, but I haven’t used it often enough to form an opinion on its usability at high speed, which so far seems lower than I’d like.

My own mutated variant of Latin, which for lack of a better name I call gsteemsovian, doesn’t even come close, alas.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso

Postby Serali » Tue 20 Oct 2009 11:26 pm

I tend to agree.

But they're still pretty scripties. :mrgreen:

But you want them to be pretty scripties on all counts of writing. So I would suggest making a simpler form or something of the sort for pretty scripties that don't look too good when written rapidly so that they could still be aesthetically pleasing to the eye when they are......

......and in my case make me go crazy with happiness at all the pretty scripties! ^^

About the list of all the pretty scripties that I like is impossible to have them all together because this is counts for years worth of pretty scripties that I've come across. Sadly some of them I'll never see again because the sites that once had them are broken.

...Or I lost them due to my HD crashing. Quite a few I was able to get back but just as many unfortunately were lost. But I'll never forget them.

But for the recent list ( as in 2009 ) is still over 1000 ( not including the ones from Omniglot )! As for the ones I'm fluent in that's actually quite a few ( not including my own ). Tengwar is obviously one of them. :P I should actually post a list on my blog sometime to get organized because the lists that I posted here I have to look back when making another one to make sure I don't repeat anything. XD

But I'll definitely get around to it. Now to pick out all the ones from Omniglot that's going to be fun......so much fun. There's even a script from there that's not on there anymore but I have the images of it on my photobucket.....*evil laughter*

Pretty scripties! YAY! :mrgreen: Also when I play with one that I like a whole new pretty scripty is born.....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :mrgreen: I'll get to the list now...or at least I'll try, it's so many!

This is going to be fun because for me it's like a trip down pretty scripty memory lane!

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
Serali

Postby Delodephius » Wed 21 Oct 2009 12:47 pm

You have a blog?
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby Serali » Thu 22 Oct 2009 3:18 am

I actually have a couple.

Wapo Gipo Mi Mi Mi! n_n
Serali

Postby imbecilica » Thu 22 Oct 2009 7:45 am

@Serali, care to post the links? :mrgreen:

Anyway I'm looking at creating or at least adopting a new script for the conlang I'm working on hehe. It's been a while since conlangery has entered my mind. The conlang I'm working on is kind of weird sounding at this stage.

Good day to you all...and today was heaps hotter than yesterday!> God daeg a duin alė...ca đeṣ'daeg e'dė hȧtė godliċ maer đyn estė'daeg!
Clicky > My BLOG
imbecilica

Postby Delodephius » Thu 22 Oct 2009 7:56 am

Serali wrote:I actually have a couple.

Would you share the link please?
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

PreviousNext

Return to Constructed writing systems