The Future of Japanese

The place to discuss extinct languages.

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby rickardspaghetti » Sat 05 Sep 2009 8:59 am

I'd use 君 when talking to others.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby ILuvEire » Sat 05 Sep 2009 6:45 pm

Talib wrote:
ILuvEire wrote:Honestly, I just let native speakers use whatever pronoun they want, and I use anta, not too formal, not too informal. :D
This is Japanese, right and not Arabic?

Haha, yeah, anta is short for anata which means you.

rickardspaghetti wrote:I'd use 君 when talking to others.

But what with a teacher? Or a friends parents? You couldn't use kimi with them without being rude.
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
User avatar
ILuvEire
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 10:42 am
Location: Austin, TX, USA

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby rickardspaghetti » Sat 05 Sep 2009 8:10 pm

ILuvEire wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:I'd use 君 when talking to others.

But what with a teacher? Or a friends parents? You couldn't use kimi with them without being rude.


Only 君 when being informal. To be formal I'd probably use あなた.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby Sobekhotep » Sat 05 Sep 2009 11:52 pm

Maybe this discussion should be in "日本語の隅", the Japanese corner. :)

ILuvEire wrote:Honestly, I just let native speakers use whatever pronoun they want, and I use anta, not too formal, not too informal. :D

Actually, <あんた> is rather informal. You don't want to use it with strangers or people older than you.

kaenif wrote:I thought the most used way was just calling the name. :?

This is probably the best way to do it.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby Milantex » Sat 05 Sep 2009 11:57 pm

Sobekhotep wrote:Maybe this discussion should be in "日本語の隅", the Japanese corner. :)

ILuvEire wrote:Honestly, I just let native speakers use whatever pronoun they want, and I use anta, not too formal, not too informal. :D

Actually, <あんた> is rather informal. You don't want to use it with strangers or people older than you.

kaenif wrote:I thought the most used way was just calling the name. :?

This is probably the best way to do it.


I agree with the name option. Just ad -kun or -san depending on age and "social position relative to you" @_@ and you'll be fine! :D
Milantex
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri 14 Aug 2009 4:24 pm
Location: Serbia

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby Sobekhotep » Sun 06 Sep 2009 12:18 am

Milantex wrote:I agree with the name option. Just ad -kun or -san depending on age and "social position relative to you" @_@ and you'll be fine! :D

Well, <君> & <さん> aren't the only ones but you're on the right track! :)
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby Milantex » Sun 06 Sep 2009 12:19 am

Sobekhotep wrote:
Milantex wrote:I agree with the name option. Just ad -kun or -san depending on age and "social position relative to you" @_@ and you'll be fine! :D

Well, <君> & <さん> aren't the only ones but you're on the right track! :)

Yes, I know that. But I'm trying to make it simple to those who do not know that! :D
Milantex
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri 14 Aug 2009 4:24 pm
Location: Serbia

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby rickardspaghetti » Sun 06 Sep 2009 1:17 am

When do you use ちゃん and さま?
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby ILuvEire » Sun 06 Sep 2009 2:01 am

Gah, yeah, I'm just going to stick to names and give up on pronouns. There are too many nuances.
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
User avatar
ILuvEire
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 10:42 am
Location: Austin, TX, USA

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby Milantex » Sun 06 Sep 2009 2:04 am

I use -san when addressing someone older then me by surname (adding -san) or sometimes to his forename... depending on the situation and the way I usually call him/her.
Being something like: Mister Smith or Miss Ann. Something like that will do...
Also, I would use it for friends too.. not the closes ones... more like to some people I just met, but haven't got such a close rel. to give them -kun. I'd keep -san for girls nevertheless.

In case of -sama... to the president of the republic... :D maybe to a king/queen if I ever meet a few ;)

But usually in life, if I ware someone who would talk to a client (to whom I have to sell something ;) ) I would add -sama to his/her name, or just call him/her customer-sama :p
Milantex
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri 14 Aug 2009 4:24 pm
Location: Serbia

PreviousNext

Return to Extinct languages

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests