The person under me... PART 2

The place to use Languages other than English (LOTE) to discuss whatever you like.

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby formiko » Wed 02 Sep 2009 3:42 am

rickardspaghetti wrote:Personen under mig har haft en låt i huvudet det senaste.
The person under me has had a song stuck in his head lately.


No, but just play some complex jazz and the song will get out of your head :)

What does the person under me think of when they hear the word Australia?
Pri kio la persono sub mi pensas, kiam ili aŭskultas la vorton "Aŭstralio"?
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
User avatar
formiko
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:31 am
Location: Angola

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby dtp883 » Wed 02 Sep 2009 3:55 am

I think of Kangaroos, Koalas, and Eucalyptus.

La persona debajo de mí tiene televisión digital que tiene más o menos 300 estacións.
The person below me has digital television with more or less 300 channels.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
User avatar
dtp883
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat 18 Apr 2009 10:51 pm
Location: San Francisco Area

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 02 Sep 2009 5:50 am

dtp883 wrote:La persona debajo de mí tiene televisión digital que tiene más o menos 300 estacións.
The person below me has digital television with more or less 300 channels.

I'm pretty sure the plural for estación is estaciones. But it may be better to use canales here. That's what I see the advertisements for "Dish Latino" use. :P

[por]Tenho 238 canais.
[jpn]238局受信できる。
[kor]채널 238개가 나온다.
[eng]I have 238 channels.

[por]A pessoa abaixo de mim tem um celular.
[por]下の人はケータイがある。
[kor]아래 사람은 핸드폰이 있다.
[eng]The person below me has a celular/mobile phone.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby formiko » Thu 03 Sep 2009 9:04 am

Sobekhotep wrote:[por]A pessoa abaixo de mim tem um celular.
[por]下の人はケータイがある。
[kor]아래 사람은 핸드폰이 있다.
[eng]The person below me has a celular/mobile phone.


[es]Sí
[de]Ja
[eo]Jes
[ig]Éh (Igbo spoekn in Eastern Nigeria)

[en]The person under me has a laptop.
[eo]La persono sub mi havas tekokomputilon.
[de] Die Person nach mir hat einen Laptop.
[ig] Ozo mmadu enwere lapotopo.
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
User avatar
formiko
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:31 am
Location: Angola

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby Neqitan » Thu 03 Sep 2009 7:04 pm

Sí, hasta usualmente posteo aquí en ella.
Yes, I even usually post here with it.

Sobekhotep wrote:
dtp883 wrote:La persona debajo de mí tiene televisión digital que tiene más o menos 300 estacións.
The person below me has digital television with more or less 300 channels.

I'm pretty sure the plural for estación is estaciones. But it may be better to use canales here. That's what I see the advertisements for "Dish Latino" use. :P

Yes, canales… I'd use "estaciones" for "radio stations" instead.

El que está abajo de mí se pregunta por qué mientras los chinos y coreanos (que/quienes son) inmigrantes en EEUU./Canadá suelen cambiarse el nombre, los japoneses usualmente no lo hacen. Mmm...
The one that's below me wonders why while Chinese and Japanese (that/who are) immigrants to the U.S./Canada usually change their name, the Japanese usually don't (change it). Hmmm...
User avatar
Neqitan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby rickardspaghetti » Thu 03 Sep 2009 7:27 pm

Neqitan wrote:The one that's below me wonders why while Chinese and Japanese (that/who are) immigrants to the U.S./Canada usually change their name, the Japanese usually don't (change it). Hmmm...

Nä. Jag funderar mer över det här i stället.
Nah. I'm more curious about this instead.

Angående länken jag postade, "Den där idioten borde fan inte öppna käften!" tänker personen under mig.
About that link I posted, "That idiot should keep her damn mouth shut!" the person under me thinks.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby Talib » Fri 04 Sep 2009 4:04 am

نعم أعتقده بالطبع
Yes, I definitely think that.

الشخص الذي بعدي يؤيد الرعاية الصحية الشاملة في الولايات المتحدة
The person below me supports universal healthcare in the United States.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:22 am
Location: Canada

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby formiko » Fri 04 Sep 2009 4:57 am

Talib wrote:الشخص الذي بعدي يؤيد الرعاية الصحية الشاملة في الولايات المتحدة
The person below me supports universal healthcare in the United States.


Ja vere, sed mi ne scias, kiu vojo estas la plej bona. Kiel Francujo? Kiel Germanujo? Kiel Kanado? Kiu scias?
Definitely, but I don't which way is best. Like France? Like Germany? Kile Canada? Who knows?

[eo]La persono sub mi havas medicinan asekuron.
[en]The person under me has medical insurance.
[de]Die Person nach mir hat Krankenversicherung.
[ig] Ihe gbasara ahu m di na akwukwo. (Igbo)
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
User avatar
formiko
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:31 am
Location: Angola

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby Sobekhotep » Sat 05 Sep 2009 2:59 am

formiko wrote:
Talib wrote:الشخص الذي بعدي يؤيد الرعاية الصحية الشاملة في الولايات المتحدة
The person below me supports universal healthcare in the United States.


Ja vere, sed mi ne scias, kiu vojo estas la plej bona. Kiel Francujo? Kiel Germanujo? Kiel Kanado? Kiu scias?
Definitely, but I don't which way is best. Like France? Like Germany? Kile Canada? Who knows?

Like Sweden. :geek:
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: The person under me... PART 2

Postby dtp883 » Sat 05 Sep 2009 4:47 am

Sobekhotep wrote:
dtp883 wrote:La persona debajo de mí tiene televisión digital que tiene más o menos 300 estacións.
The person below me has digital television with more or less 300 channels.

I'm pretty sure the plural for estación is estaciones. But it may be better to use canales here. That's what I see the advertisements for "Dish Latino" use. :P

I can't believe I pluralized it like in English.

Neqitan wrote:Yes, canales… I'd use "estaciones" for "radio stations" instead.

I learned this last year but forgot. :( Thank you both for reminding me! :D

I don't have one so someone can continue off of formiko's unanswered one.

formiko wrote:
[eo]La persono sub mi havas medicinan asekuron.
[en]The person under me has medical insurance.
[de]Die Person nach mir hat Krankenversicherung.
[ig] Ihe gbasara ahu m di na akwukwo. (Igbo)
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
User avatar
dtp883
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat 18 Apr 2009 10:51 pm
Location: San Francisco Area

PreviousNext

Return to Languages other than English

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests

cron