Dobar dan svima!

The place to introduce yourselves.

Dobar dan svima!

Postby Milantex » Wed 26 Aug 2009 11:39 am

Dobar dan svima!
Good day to everyone!

I am Milan.
I'm a student of the second year of the faculty for informatics and management on Singidunum University, Belgrade, Serbia. :D
Since elementary school, I've been interested in learning other languages (at that time, just the language), but nowadays I'm more interested in other "different" writing systems. :roll:

Native: Serbian, Montenegrin, Bosnian, Croatian
Speaking: English, Russian
Studying: German, Japanese, Latin

I've also been interested in Sindarin (J.J.R. Tolkien's created language for the stories of the Middle Earth) and since then have been creating a language of my own.

I'm thinking of summing up the writing system and posting it on onmiglot, but the language will still stay with me for more developing.

Anyways, I think I overdid it a bit for an introduction... so... nice to meet you all and read ya around! :D
Milantex

Re: Dobar dan svima!

Postby Aeetlrcreejl » Wed 26 Aug 2009 11:28 pm

Zdravo! Your bags are being taken up to your room. If you have any questions, call the concierge.
Aeetlrcreejl

Postby Milantex » Thu 27 Aug 2009 12:06 am

Aeetlrcreejl wrote:Zdravo! Your bags are being taken up to your room. If you have any questions, call the concierge.

He he, thanks. Sure will! ;)

Pozz!
Milantex

Postby Sobekhotep » Thu 27 Aug 2009 12:33 am

Milantex wrote:Dobar dan svima!
Good day to everyone!

I am Milan.
I'm a student of the second year of the faculty for informatics and management on Singidunum University, Belgrade, Serbia. :D
Since elementary school, I've been interested in learning other languages (at that time, just the language), but nowadays I'm more interested in other "different" writing systems. :roll:

I've also been interested in Sindarin (J.J.R. Tolkien's created language for the stories of the Middle Earth) and since then have been creating a language of my own.

I'm thinking of summing up the writing system and posting it on onmiglot, but the language will still stay with me for more developing.

Anyways, I think I overdid it a bit for an introduction... so... nice to meet you all and read ya around! :D

Welcome to the Omniglot forum!
Why are some of your languages in bold & italic? :?
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Delodephius » Thu 27 Aug 2009 10:58 am

Dobrodošao. :mrgreen:
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby Milantex » Thu 27 Aug 2009 5:25 pm

Sobekhotep wrote:
Good day to everyone!

I am Milan.

Basically the bold means that I know it better then others in the list, and italic that they are... sort of secondary to the bold one! :D

Delodephius wrote:Dobrodošao. :mrgreen:

'fala brajo!
Milantex

Postby Sobekhotep » Fri 28 Aug 2009 4:57 am

Milantex wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:
Good day to everyone!

I am Milan.

Basically the bold means that I know it better then others in the list, and italic that they are... sort of secondary to the bold one! :D

Oh, okay. :)
But Aren't Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian & Montenegrin all the same language, linguistically? They're all essentially штокавски/štokavski, right?
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Delodephius » Fri 28 Aug 2009 10:54 am

Yes, but it looks good on a résumé that you know three more languages. :mrgreen:
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby Milantex » Fri 28 Aug 2009 10:58 am

Sobekhotep wrote:Oh, okay. :)
But Aren't Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian & Montenegrin all the same language, linguistically? They're all essentially штокавски/štokavski, right?

Yes they are... even from my point of view. It isn't like I had to learn any of them. When you know Serbian you know all the others.
It is just that nowadays (due to politics... in which I do not wan't to get involved) every country of ex Yugoslavia calls it's language according to the name of the country! :D
I also believe that it is (linguistically) one language, but you know... :D This way I get to list more languages ;)
Milantex

Postby Milantex » Fri 28 Aug 2009 10:59 am

Delodephius wrote:Yes, but it looks good on a résumé that you know three more languages. :mrgreen:

Exactly! :D

@mods: Sorry for the double post.
Milantex

Next

Return to Introductions