Hola

The place to introduce yourselves.

Hola

Postby Duffie » Tue 11 Aug 2009 2:32 am

Qué tal a todos,

I'm Duffie, and I'm a whateverglot. I've joined because I follow Omniglot regularly, and thought I'd jump in the forums finally.

My degree is in Spanish -- my flavor of choice is the Spainish Spanish -- and so I'm more than comfortable with it. I have listening and reading competencies in Portuguese and Italian, and can produce conversational Italian and French.

My current project is Norwegian, and am working very hard to get competent within the next month. Realistically, basic conversation is where I'll end up, but in the language game, you win no matter how much you've learned.

I'm the consummate language flirter. I'll admit that I've started at least 20 languages without being dedicated to them. Sometimes I just need a taste of Korean to keep me going, you know? I've spent at least a week toying with all of the major Indo-European languages, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Swahili and some other random bits and bobs.

I'm researching technology in the foreign language classroom and how to incorporate more media and input, so you'll probably catch me probing everyone's learning experiences as I go along.

See you around!
Native: English
Fluent: Spanish
Conversational: Italian, Norwegian
Basic: French, Japanese
A combination of greetings and awkward hand gestures: Irish, Russian, Portuguese, Romanian, Swahili
Duffie

Re: Hola

Postby dtp883 » Tue 11 Aug 2009 2:42 am

¡Bienvenido al Omniglot!
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Re: Hola

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 12 Aug 2009 1:05 am

Duffie wrote:Qué tal a todos,

I'm Duffie, and I'm a whateverglot. I've joined because I follow Omniglot regularly, and thought I'd jump in the forums finally.

My degree is in Spanish -- my flavor of choice is the Spainish Spanish -- and so I'm more than comfortable with it. I have listening and reading competencies in Portuguese and Italian, and can produce conversational Italian and French.

My current project is Norwegian, and am working very hard to get competent within the next month. Realistically, basic conversation is where I'll end up, but in the language game, you win no matter how much you've learned.

I'm the consummate language flirter. I'll admit that I've started at least 20 languages without being dedicated to them. Sometimes I just need a taste of Korean to keep me going, you know? I've spent at least a week toying with all of the major Indo-European languages, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Swahili and some other random bits and bobs.

I'm researching technology in the foreign language classroom and how to incorporate more media and input, so you'll probably catch me probing everyone's learning experiences as I go along.

See you around!

Welcome to the Omniglot forum!
I know what you mean about being a "language flirter". I'm the same way. :D
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Return to Introductions