So You Wanna Learn Japanese?

Heard any good language-related jokes, stories or puns lately?

So You Wanna Learn Japanese?

Postby Ray » Tue 11 Aug 2009 9:13 pm

This is hysterical. Rather than copy and pasting, just follow the link because it's much better with the pictures and font changes etc.

http://pepper.idge.net/japanese/
Blog ~~~ Seja a mundança.
Ray

Re: So You Wanna Learn Japanese?

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 12 Aug 2009 1:59 am

That's hilarious! :lol:
Hopefully Talib doesn't see it! ;)
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby kaenif » Wed 12 Aug 2009 7:31 am

School Jane to went Monkey Apple Carbureter :lol:
Can you recognise this character?
Nope, it's not shāng. It is a 囧 with a hat which 囧ed its chin off!
囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧!
kaenif

Postby Talib » Wed 12 Aug 2009 8:22 am

Sobekhotep wrote:That's hilarious! :lol:
I did, and found it very amusing. I sent it to my friend who's attempting to learn Japanese.

It's all so true...
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby dtp883 » Wed 12 Aug 2009 12:25 pm

The Anime Freak is probably the most common, and one of the most annoying. You can usually spot a few warning signs to let you identify them before it's too late: they wear the same exact Evangelion shirt every day, they have more than one anime key chain on their person, they wear glasses, they say phrases in Japanese that hey obviously don't understand (such as "Yes! I will never forgive you!"), they refer to you as "-chan", make obscure Japanese culture references during class, and usually fail class. You have to be extremely careful not to let them smell pity or fear on you, because if they do they will immeadiately latch onto you and suck up both your time and patience, leaving only a lifeless husk.Your Classmates Desperate for human companionship, they will invite you to club meetings, anime showings, conventions, and all other sorts of various things you don't care about.

-shudders- Well actually they are in my Spanish class. :o
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby Sobekhotep » Thu 13 Aug 2009 5:19 am

Talib wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:That's hilarious! :lol:
I did, and found it very amusing. I sent it to my friend who's attempting to learn Japanese.

It's all so true...

:lol:
Don't let that scare you. Lots of non-Japanese have learned & mastered the language. It just takes time & effort.

dtp883 wrote:
The Anime Freak is probably the most common, and one of the most annoying. You can usually spot a few warning signs to let you identify them before it's too late: they wear the same exact Evangelion shirt every day, they have more than one anime key chain on their person, they wear glasses, they say phrases in Japanese that hey obviously don't understand (such as "Yes! I will never forgive you!"), they refer to you as "-chan", make obscure Japanese culture references during class, and usually fail class. You have to be extremely careful not to let them smell pity or fear on you, because if they do they will immeadiately latch onto you and suck up both your time and patience, leaving only a lifeless husk.Your Classmates Desperate for human companionship, they will invite you to club meetings, anime showings, conventions, and all other sorts of various things you don't care about.

-shudders- Well actually they are in my Spanish class. :o

That's not right! :P
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Kloiten » Thu 13 Aug 2009 8:33 pm

The Anime Freak is probably the most common, and one of the most annoying. You can usually spot a few warning signs to let you identify them before it's too late: they wear the same exact Evangelion shirt every day, they have more than one anime key chain on their person, they wear glasses, they say phrases in Japanese that hey obviously don't understand (such as "Yes! I will never forgive you!"), they refer to you as "-chan", make obscure Japanese culture references during class, and usually fail class. You have to be extremely careful not to let them smell pity or fear on you, because if they do they will immediately latch onto you and suck up both your time and patience, leaving only a lifeless husk.Your Classmates Desperate for human companionship, they will invite you to club meetings, anime showings, conventions, and all other sorts of various things you don't care about.

Ninety percent of my Japanese class are Anime freaks, and they all can't get much higher than a B. There's only one girl (and she's Chinese, go figure) that gets A's constantly. It's only the people who are actually are interested in the language (me and a couple others) as a language for communication who get decent and good grades.

Everything in that article is so true... :lol:
Fluent: English, русский язык
Proficient: français, 日本語
Beginning: suomi, davvisámegiella, 中文 (普通話), norsk, cymraeg
Kloiten

Postby Sobekhotep » Fri 14 Aug 2009 2:13 am

Kloiten wrote:Ninety percent of my Japanese class are Anime freaks, and they all can't get much higher than a B.

There were only a few "anime freaks" in the Japanese course I took several years ago. Classes suck anyway. :mrgreen:
"B" is a good grade, though. :)
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby sokuban » Tue 18 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Kloiten wrote:Ninety percent of my Japanese class are Anime freaks, and they all can't get much higher than a B. There's only one girl (and she's Chinese, go figure) that gets A's constantly. It's only the people who are actually are interested in the language (me and a couple others) as a language for communication who get decent and good grades.

Everything in that article is so true... :lol:

Not true.

I was originally interested in Japanese to... watch anime. And I still topped my class.

Though I don't do most of the stuff that fit the "Anime Freak" description. (Only wearing glasses, calling a few girls as "-chan", making obscure culture references, and inviting you to things you don't care about.)
sokuban

Return to Language-related humour